Groomsmen gift knives

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I'm getting married in May 2013, and I have to decide what to do for groomsmen gifts. I hear a lot of people do flasks and such, but I think my groomsmen would prefer knives, which also seem to be a fairly popular option.

I did a cursory google search and found a few sites that sell personalized knives, but they are all Buck brand or cheaper, under $50. I was thinking of spending more in the 100-150 dollar range, and hopefully getting something worth having. My friends already have knives, so I would want it to be something special. I'm sure I can get something nice with bone handles or silver fittings or something for $150. Something that looks nice.

Any ideas of manufacturers I should look at, or sellers that do personal engraving? I'm not particular as to the precise type of knife - folding or fixed blade would be fine.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    I got a stainless Spyderco knife with my initials engraved as a groomsmen gift. It is definitely the best groomsmens gift I have received.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    I used to help out guys in your situation all the time when I worked at Bowie outfitters. But you are 100000x smarter than them because you are planning way ahead of time. With that price range and depending on how many you needed, your possibilities are endless.

Here is my advice. Go there on a week day between 9-4 and talk to a guy named Lea (sounds like Lee). Tell him you are looking to get some knives for your groomsmen and give him an idea of the type you want. He can pull some catalogs and go over some options. If he doesn't have what you want in stock he can order them for you and get them there in plenty of time to engrave them or whatever you want to do to them. I recommend Lea because the man knows his knives better than anyone I have ever met and will make sure you leave happy

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    While all the ones posted are nice, I would check with cbr900son for some ideas on a custom knife made especially for them.
    That would be super cool.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I've got 3 groomsmen, and yeah, we are trying to do everything well in advance. My fiancee is a tax accountant, so she is super busy from january until April 15, so we want to have everything squared away before then.

gunns1216

Conservative Christian
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I wouldn't rule out the option of buying the knives then bringing them somewhere to be engraved.

Agreed, I just got married this past September and I went and bought my best man the knife I wanted him to have and then took it to a place call "things Remembered" most malls have it in them. They just engraved it how I wanted. They engrave anything from glass to cutlery. It took about a week. Good luck and congratulations.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I've got 3 groomsmen, and yeah, we are trying to do everything well in advance. My fiancee is a tax accountant, so she is super busy from january until April 15, so we want to have everything squared away before then.

May 2013?

She won't have anything to do April 18th and thereafter. She'll probably have all of her extensions filed by the day before with nothing to do by afternoon on tax day. End of April, May, June, July. . . pretty dead months for the tax accountants. :D

Although it would probably be a good idea to book the venue immediately. That stuff gets booked two years out by some of the bridezillas.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Venue is booked already. Lots of our **** is covered already. What I meant was that we need to get stuff settled before next tax season so that we don't have to do everything between April 15 an May 25 of 2013 except the things that are necessarily last minute.

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    Venue is booked already. Lots of our **** is covered already. What I meant was that we need to get stuff settled before next tax season so that we don't have to do everything between April 15 an May 25 of 2013 except the things that are necessarily last minute.
    Well a year is plenty of time for almost anything so good planning there.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA

Well a year is plenty of time for almost anything so good planning there.

Get them a custom personalized knife from Bishop Custom Knives.
    That way you can get each of them the knife that best fits them.
    If one is a fisherman get a filet knife, a hunter a skinning knife, a cook a chef knife, etc.
    If each knife is custom made just to fit there need, it make it more special.

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    Get them a custom personalized knife from Bishop Custom Knives.
    That way you can get each of them the knife that best fits them.
    If one is a fisherman get a filet knife, a hunter a skinning knife, a cook a chef knife, etc.
    If each knife is custom made just to fit there need, it make it more special.

Hell if you have the time you could help make. I can always finish up if time is a issue but be kinda cool to have some pics of you working on them also. Just a idea. I love seeing people working on their own projects also. It goes from yeah I had a guy make that to I actually helped make that!

Top Bottom