GROUP BUY "feeler" for AR15 Stripped Lowers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSU007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    I'm interested in getting 4 of these (possibly a couple more), but was wondering if I would only have to pay $10 for FFL....since all would be filed under one form!?!?! I'd have to make the drive from New Orleans, which would add on $60 for gas!

franch1se82

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Belle Chasse
    ^ im sure there is a bunch of us from the NOLA area... i'll be heading down there to pick mine up whenever this event should happen. luckily, i know some people down there, so my trip won't be a total waste.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    We have not actually moved forward yet, so far it seems like we will be able to reach the magic number of 30.

I will place the call to Palmetto on Wednesday/Thursday just to give this a little more time in case somebody wants to jump on it.

Keep in mind it HAS to be in multiples of 10, that means if we had 33 people interested we either wait till be get to 40 OR we just go ahead with the original 30 for what I understand from other group buys that have been placed at Palmetto the only way they offer the discount is in multiples of 10 since thats how many lowers fit in a box.

Also once we decide to go forward ALL the money would be given up front to Mr Bryan, once he has secured the money for all the lowers he would then place the order, so people need to be responsible and be ready to go with the money so that the rest dont have to wait for 1 or 2 people.

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Hey Guate, I think it would be pretty good to put a barebones FAQ in the OP.

Keep the confusion down, and also you can post the updates on the status.

TheLawson

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    New Orleans
    I'll be in for two as long as the price stays $65ish each.

What is the time table on this? What is the expected turn around after payment?

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I will know more as far as turnaround time once I talk to the sales rep at Palmetto, I am sure IF everybody cooperates with the payment and IF they are available in stock which they appear to be according to their website I would venture to say a 1 week TOPS,

Keep in mind they DO need to be entered into the FFL Holder books, and he does have a business to run as well so we should also take that into consideration once they do make it to Louisiana

22doberman22

choot'em
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    Prairieville
    That's ********. I can understand charging per 4473, but if multiple items are going on the same form it is a matter of a few seconds extra work.

I don't understand why they would charge per lower either. I had bought three lowers a while back and it was the same FFL charge if I ordered one or five. Just a flat fee per person and I didn't even know the guy.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    I don't understand why they would charge per lower either. I had bought three lowers a while back and it was the same FFL charge if I ordered one or five. Just a flat fee per person and I didn't even know the guy.

How about not bitching about a good deal and making him change his mind. No one else stepped up to do it.

22doberman22

choot'em
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    Prairieville
    wasn't bitchin, just saying I'm not sure why it was done that way. To be frank I was one of the first ones to put myself down for two, if I didn't think it was a good deal I would have never answered to this thread. Don't jump to conclusions.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I will keep my eye on this thread. I might be down for one or two if I have the money to spare at the given time. Been buying too many toys lately! :doh:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    That's ********. I can understand charging per 4473, but if multiple items are going on the same form it is a matter of a few seconds extra work.

30 x $10 is only $300. That's not alot of money considering he has to collect payments from 30 people and do 30 transfers.

Most places charge $20-$40 per firearm or per transaction. It's not like this is more expensive unless you plan on buying an arsenal.

Top Bottom