Group feedback greatly appreciated for concept- Firearm triggers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAFE DRAW

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hello group,

This survey will help my company in the decision making process for a new product line we'd like to make. We're looking for some feedback on new trigger concepts we want to produce.

Basically the trigger found on the Glock, and other modern pistols, has a safety blade built in that will not allow the trigger to move rearward unless force is applied on the front of the trigger face. I think most people here are familiar with these. IIRC this was actually introduced years ago by Iver Johnson revolvers. I've seen a conversion trigger for select S&W pistols by Apex that converts the safety hinge trigger to the safety blade style.

So what we want to make is not a new concept unto itself, but I haven't seen these safety blade type triggers as an aftermarket option for AR-15's, rimfire rifles, bolt-action rifles, shotguns, or even modern revolvers. However, I'm not looking to encroach on Apex's territory for S&W mods. I've bought a spring kit from them and enjoy their craftsmanship.

The product would be a drop-in trigger with the safety blade feature, for today's popular firearms as an extra safety, not as a replacement for the manual safety. Most long guns have manual external safeties that would be unaffected by a new trigger. And most revolvers have no external safety button, so there would be no worry about it interfering. It would not require a gunsmith to install, but if someone was uncomfortable doing the work we would recommend they consult a smith.

Retail price would be around $74.95, but could go up or down slightly depending on initial batch size.

Popular firearms that this could potentially work with:

AR-15 variants
    Remington 870
    Mossberg 500
    AK-47 variants
    Ruger 10-22
    Remington 700

Questions:

1. Do you think that this product line will be received well by the gun shooting community?
    2. Any comments?
    2. What types of firearms should it be available for?

Thank you for taking some time to check this out. I was approved by admins to run this survey post.

-Mark
    SAFE-DRAW

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I don't really see the need for adding more safeties to a firearm so I wouldn't be interested in buying it for that reason alone-just my opinion.

HOWEVER, if it was similar to the accutrigger I have on my savage AND was available as a drop in kit for a various makes/models then I would consider it because I really love the accutrigger and wish I could put it in some of my other hunting guns.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I think there would be a pretty good market for it, especially in hunting firearms. It would need to be adjustable (creep, weight, and overtravel) with a very high quality brake point. In competition (where most bolt action rifles use aftermarket triggers) I don't even use a safety as the bolt is not forward until in firing position. However, when I'm 20' in the air or in a box stand, I would pay to have an extra safety between me and a dropped firearm if it came on a high quality trigger. It would also need to be designed to handle dirt, dust, or sand getting in the mechanism and still operate reliably. Savage did do a good job on the Accutrigger but if they could combine the adjustments of the Rifle Basix with it, then it would be nearly perfect.

Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    Have you checked on patents covering this? Wouldn't want you to go too far down this road if there's going to be a roadblock around the bend.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Last time you asked for honest feedback and got it you got ass hurt. That was for
    The sacrificial plastic block to Make the unsafe Glock Trigger safe.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I can appreciate your idea. I'm all for invention and moving forward in the gun industry. Keep up the innovations and ideas.

Are you trying to come up with an added safety or an all around better trigger for shooting?

As for me, I really would not purchase it with re to an added safety b/ I see it as a software problem NOT a hardware problem. I honestly believe that with a quality weapon, quality training, and continued practice starting with fundamentals; one can obtain muscle memory with regard to the trigger finger and safety manipulation.

If its just a better all-around trigger to improve accuracy, I am all for it. Youll be up against some giants though.

Top Bottom