Gun Buy Back in New Orleans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Or if you had one stolen... you may just be able to say goodbye to it one last time!

I'm not sure how these buy backs normally work, but I would hope that the serial numbers are checked against some database to see if they were reported stolen before they are destroyed. But then again, this is New Orleans we are talking about.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    You need to look at the spelling and grammar on that website. It's AWESOME. What one would expect from that area of town.

I have a couple of old shotguns I might cut the barrels down and bring them to "The Buy-Back" as assault weapons.

Beauxdog

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Here's some more on the clueless people who think this is actually going to accomplish something other than wasting $100,000 of their money. This woman should spend her money on the unpaid property taxes she owes the city instead of this nonsense.

http://www.nola.com/arts/index.ssf/2014/10/kirsha_kaecheles_gun_buy-back.html#incart_m-rpt-2
    http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/10/husband_of_kirsha_kaechele_out.html

Typical phony liberal douche hypocrite! Her husband must be an idiot!

jvr

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    new orleans
    plan on spending all day. the last buy back i went to was several hours of normal guys selling there old junk until the facility ran out of money. there were not getting guns off the street; they were getting junkers from dealers and other astute sellers.

Zeoclang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Terrytown, LA
    What's the best way to go about purchasing one of these guns? Carry a sign? Scan what people are carrying and approach them? Any ideas on how to handle LEOs that might try to scare you off?

Poorboy504

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Westbank/nola
    I would like to know if any of those firearms are stolen before attempting to buy one from someone. Is there a way to find out before they hand it over to the buyback people?
    And I think some people can make money unloading saturday night specials and single shot rifles there. They state they will pay $75 for working pistols and $150 for working rifles!

Lyle Savant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Central (NE Baton Rouge, LA)
    I doubt the law will be selling any & don't think they will let any be bought from people bringing them in; it defeats their purpose. And if it is now illegal to sell outright in a Gun Show, I'm sure it is there as well.

Zeoclang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Terrytown, LA
    I doubt the law will be selling any & don't think they will let any be bought from people bringing them in; it defeats their purpose. And if it is now illegal to sell outright in a Gun Show, I'm sure it is there as well.

Since when has it been illegal to sell at gun show? Any proof of this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom