Gun cleaner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I use BrakeCleen in the action to loosen everything up for cleaning, and Hoppes #9 for the barrel. Then lube with a mixture of 50% 5W-30 Mobile One and 50% ATF.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    What kind of issues? I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Hmmm, and yet I've heard bad. What is this sorcery?
    Don't remember details, something about leaving a film or something. Don't care because there are better things out there cheaper, and less exotic.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Hmmm, and yet I've heard bad. What is this sorcery?
    Don't remember details, something about leaving a film or something. Don't care because there are better things out there cheaper, and less exotic.

That is what I was trying to find out? I did some Google magic-fu and found some articles about the oil version drying up and creating a sticky film. A lot of people apparently had this happen but you are supposed to put a thin film heat the parts and then wipe off once it has cooled so the is no excess to gunk up. So take it with a grain of salt. I place it just on the BCG and follow the directions and haven't had an issue so far but to each their own.

Also if you looked at the link I posted there aren't many better rust/lubricating products out there at least among the 46 or so tested..

DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    That is what I was trying to find out? I did some Google magic-fu and found some articles about the oil version drying up and creating a sticky film. A lot of people apparently had this happen but you are supposed to put a thin film heat the parts and then wipe off once it has cooled so the is no excess to gunk up. So take it with a grain of salt. I place it just on the BCG and follow the directions and haven't had an issue so far but to each their own.

Also if you looked at the link I posted there aren't many better rust/lubricating products out there at least among the 46 or so tested..

Sounds over complicated to me, I just use heavy weight synthetic motor oil. Works fine. The Glocks get aeroshell grease, no problems.

Sent from an unidentified bayou mobile device

pavlovscat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Meraux, LA
    Hoppe's #9 & CLP with boresnakes & toothbrushes.

#9 is a great cleaner, and it smells like freedom to me. I tried, but I can't convince the hubby to wear it as cologne. lol

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Yep, too late! From what I understand she is already married and you are soon to maybe "hanging" yourself also! :rofl:
    How are you doing friend? Good to see you on the forum!

Ha, yeah I'll be heading to SC soon. My only concern is what I consider SC's draconian gun laws. MS has some bad reputation but it's got every other state beat or at least equal to the most free gun states.
    That concern is not nearly enough to get me second guessing though, for sure.

Top Bottom