Gun Control Bill by Sheila Jackson Lee.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    A gun control bill that would create a national firearm registry, require licensing and psychological evaluations, government training and insurance was quietly introduced by a Democrat lawmaker in the House of Representatives last month.
    Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee introduced the bill, dubbed “Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act,” on Jan. 4, 2021. The legislation’s name honors a Pakistani exchange student who died during a school shooting in Texas in 2018.
    Under the proposed bill, gun owners would be required to purchase $800 insurance that protects the person “against liability for losses and damages resulting from the use of any firearm by the person” for one year.
    The bill also prohibits ammunition .50 caliber or greater, with law enforcement and certain security personnel excluded, and would set a minimum gun ownership age to 21-years-old.
    Jurisdiction over licensing would fall to the U.S. attorney general through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.
    The bill would also force gun owners to finish a government training course, have a clean record and list their firearms on a federal government registry. Law enforcement at all levels would have access to the gun registry, in addition to the U.S. military.

Individuals who knowingly violate the terms within the bill could face fines between $30,000 and $150,000, as well as five to 25 years in prison.
    Even displaying an antique firearm in a person’s private home would necessitate a federal gun license, in addition to another license under the legislation.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    She-Jack couldn’t pass her own psych exam much less an IQ test. Do you think this is why the AG in NY is filing law suits against the NRA so they can’t keep up with all the flying crap.

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    This sounds suspiciously like a reworked version (or perhaps the same as) HB127, which I think we all -on both sides of the aisle- agree is positively bat poop crazy. I don’t think even the farthest left reps with half an ounce of common sense expect HB127 to have a snowball’s chance in hades of passing committee let alone an open vote. And anyone who represents a remotely moderate (even left leaning) district knows voting for it would be signing their own political death warrant, basically all but assuring to torpedo their own re-election campaign. All of which would totally explain why madame dunderhead thinks it’s plausible as a measure... the squad only entertains it because they’re not Americans and they know that step one in completely rewriting the US as a nation is removing Americans’ ability to fight back against tyranny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIGGREEN

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    A MAJOR angle of this bill is also that you have to PROVE that you legally own your firearms via receipts and or transfer paperwork for private sales. If you can't do that then you have to turn them in... I don't know if this made it into the final draft but it was in the early one.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    This sounds suspiciously like a reworked version (or perhaps the same as) HB127, which I think we all -on both sides of the aisle- agree is positively bat poop crazy. I don’t think even the farthest left reps with half an ounce of common sense expect HB127 to have a snowball’s chance in hades of passing committee let alone an open vote. And anyone who represents a remotely moderate (even left leaning) district knows voting for it would be signing their own political death warrant, basically all but assuring to torpedo their own re-election campaign. All of which would totally explain why madame dunderhead thinks it’s plausible as a measure... the squad only entertains it because they’re not Americans and they know that step one in completely rewriting the US as a nation is removing Americans’ ability to fight back against tyranny.

It is as you say "bat poop crazy" for sure. All of it. But just think of how many members of Congress and the Senate would actually vote for this pile of crap? My guess is close to half. Just shows how far our leaders have strayed from the Constitution. "Shall NOT be infringed" is pretty clear, no?

Parting thought: If a fake POTUS signs a bill into law, does it actually count as a law?

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    A MAJOR angle of this bill is also that you have to PROVE that you legally own your firearms via receipts and or transfer paperwork for private sales. If you can't do that then you have to turn them in... I don't know if this made it into the final draft but it was in the early one.

Strategy there seems to be de facto registration. We all know the single purpose of gun registration.

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    Parting thought: If a fake POTUS signs a bill into law, does it actually count as a law?

Seems like most admins spend the first 100 days trying to argue that everything from the previous admin wasn’t legit and shouldn’t count. Conservatives did it to 44 with the “birther” movement (I won’t argue the validity of it here as it’s now a moot point) and 42 by various means highlighting criminal activity, and liberals did it to 45, and 43, etc... it’s obviously more concerted if the house and senate flip with the admin. What was that line from Clear and Present Danger? “It’s the old Potomac two-step, Jack; you should really get in time with the music.”

aborne108

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2020
    Thibodaux
    Seems like most admins spend the first 100 days trying to argue that everything from the previous admin wasn’t legit and shouldn’t count. Conservatives did it to 44 with the *birther* movement (I won’t argue the validity of it here as it’s now a moot point) and 42 by various means highlighting criminal activity, and liberals did it to 45, and 43, etc... it’s obviously more concerted if the house and senate flip with the admin. What was that line from Clear and Present Danger? *It’s the old Potomac two-step, Jack; you should really get in time with the music.*

Great point. I never thought of it that way.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    So those of us with a bunch of 80% builds in both rifles and pistols, as well as just being reluctant. We refuse to comply and don’t say anything about what we have in our homes (behind the walls).. how are they to find out we have em? We go to the range to shoot (targets not people), who’s to say if we have complied or not? Is there is certificate/proof of insurance type thing they came up with? I for one flat out refuse but for educational purposes of knowing how they intend to handle it...

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    So those of us with a bunch of 80% builds in both rifles and pistols, as well as just being reluctant. We refuse to comply and don’t say anything about what we have in our homes (behind the walls).. how are they to find out we have em? We go to the range to shoot (targets not people), who’s to say if we have complied or not? Is there is certificate/proof of insurance type thing they came up with? I for one flat out refuse but for educational purposes of knowing how they intend to handle it...

You're earmarked for the Fema re-education camp Bro...sorry

Top Bottom