Gun Grease Locally

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I can't find my Slip 2000 and I am getting ready for a tomorrow afternoon range trip with 4 brand new to inexperienced shooters, some with new pistols. Does anybody know who stocks gun grease in the baton rouge area, it doesn't have to be slip 2000, and decent grease will do. I want to get them lubed right from the beginning and avoid that shot of over oiled gun I got the first time I went to the range all by my lonesome.

Thanks,

Nick

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    I use PTF or Teflon grease. Some auto parts places may have it. I had to order mine but some places said they can order it also. Its not a normally stocked item at Autozone, Oreillys, Advance,etc. Very slippery stuff and high temp also for disc brake useage.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Grease will be here tomorrow, Oil will have to do for a range trip. That jar would last a lifetime if I could hang on to it. I find myself putting a dab on my Dillon or sizer or whatever else needs a little grease, that is how it gets lost. Now I can't find any PF9 mags, I took the gun out, and only the gun to make a holster, and I can't find the safe place I put my mags!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Use high temp lithium grease from autozone. Same stuff much cheaper price.
    Beat me to it.

This.

I still have some greases on the shelf which were SWAG or gifts, which are getting low. I only use them because they work and were free. I plan on replacing them with a nice sized white lithium grease because it's second best to 'free' and works.

Top Bottom