GUN MEETUP SNATCH AND GRAB

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    That’s why you don’t put your number in your ad, make them contact via pm… and

NEVER SELL A GUN WITHOUT HAVING A LOADED GUN ON YOU!!!

And agreement with above… no gun is presented till we shake hands, meet, I check his attitude, and a few mins of small talk… then you have the opportunity to walk away… again it never would have wound up in his hands while he was in his car… that’s LOCO!!! Never in my wildest dreams would that be possible in my realm of buy/sell/trade lol… good luck to you buddy

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    So sorry for your loss and that you were able to physically survive the incident... A reminder for the rest of us to take extra care and due dilagence ............. Proper recorded ID of any person involved...... active dash cam footage/body cam footage/or parking lot footage...And if possible documentation ID of vehicle used by the other party.... Possible have a second person that will witness everything....... I know that I am preaching to the choir but it does no good to lock the gate after the horses get out...... Do not trust any unknown person or possible safe location. ................................. drill sgt.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    When I used to buy and sell on Louisiana Sportsman and the Times pick your nose, I would talk to the person via telephone for a few minutes to see if the person is a real gun guy. If this was a problem on his end, then the deal was off. Anyone not wanting to talk guns is not worth dealing with.
    I only had a problem once. The interested buyer told me that I talk too much and ask too many questions. He even asked if I'm a cop.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Sorry that happened to you & glad you shared it with us so the rest of us can learn. Be glad that you weren’t shot. I while back a young guy was selling his motorcycle and his Scumbag buyer just shot him dead & took the bike. Because of that, JP started designated sale sites in the parish. One is right in front of the East bank JPSO building. Just telling the buyer to meet in front of the Sheriff’s Office would scare off most Scumbags, but not all.

V.Taltos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2023
    North Louisiana Swamps
    So sorry for your loss and that you were able to physically survive the incident... A reminder for the rest of us to take extra care and due dilagence ............. Proper recorded ID of any person involved...... active dash cam footage/body cam footage/or parking lot footage...And if possible documentation ID of vehicle used by the other party.... Possible have a second person that will witness everything....... I know that I am preaching to the choir but it does no good to lock the gate after the horses get out...... Do not trust any unknown person or possible safe location. ................................. drill sgt.
    This is what I was thinking, having someone else in another vehicle not parked right beside me videoing the vehicle and person.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    This is what I was thinking, having someone else in another vehicle not parked right beside me videoing the vehicle and person.
    That wouldn’t do much in this situation where the gun was handed over to the thug in his car while it was still running. Sure you’d get it on video and then what? Call LEO and you’re in the same situation you just have a video to remember the encounter.

Im not handing a gun over to some black guy with face tattoos and dread locks just like im not handing one over to some white guy missing all of his teeth barely weighing 100 lbs just like im not handing one over to some Mexican guy who speaks broken English and just so happened to forget his Louisiana ID at home. I could go on but you get the point.

I get we were all new here at some point but form activity goes a long way for me. I like to see an established history of the person being a member and making post. I’m not including a phone number in the post and probably not responding back to any PM’s from the guy with 6 post and a brand new account.

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    When I used to buy and sell on Louisiana Sportsman and the Times pick your nose, I would talk to the person via telephone for a few minutes to see if the person is a real gun guy. If this was a problem on his end, then the deal was off. Anyone not wanting to talk guns is not worth dealing with.
    I only had a problem once. The interested buyer told me that I talk too much and ask too many questions. He even asked if I'm a cop.
    Don’t sell me anything. I’m gonna keep you there talking guns ALL day

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I would strongly encourage everyone to NOT list phone numbers in ads. Use the PM system, let us capture their IP and email address (for what it's worth), and if necessary after that, jump on a phone call with the person. If anything about it seems sketchy, end the conversation.

If you agree to meet up with someone in person and you're in an area with a police station that has a transactions area, go there. If not, call your local PD and ask if they'd be willing to have an officer hang outside while you complete the sale. Depending on the PD, they may say yes.

Dash cams are worthwhile, but aren't the end all be all. It's helpful as it'll give you a really clear picture of the person you're dealing with, but who knows how beneficial that is.

If anyone ever thinks an account here may be sketchy, I am happy to personally look into them, PM them, and confirm if their information matches their email and what not.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    Hey Chandler,

‘Thanks for sharing this, we really appreciate it. I see some of the guys ridiculing you about the chain / course of events, don’t like seeing that, you opened up to give us a solid heads up.

I am fortunate, I have been a member here for years, of all the transactions I have made in this group have gone off without a hitch. There are some I won’t deal with again, but most of the long timers are good trust worthy guys, the “white hats”

Thanks for reminding us this can still happen too fast.

Last edited:

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just adding my appreciate in here for the OP to make this very public post about something that we all appreciate hearing about, whether or not we then turn around and thank him for doing so.

I thank you, very much, for this reminder to always be safe and careful when transacting online. I have had nothing but a couple dozen very good experiences with forum members. I cannot thank you enough for reminding me to not get complacent.

AndyG

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 3, 2019
    Lafayette, LA
    Damn man, thanks for the heads up. I’ve had 2 good transactions on here so far. My wife just finished warning me about meeting up with strangers. At least you’re ok, alive and unhurt
    For what it’s worth, I’ve had 100% positive impressions/outcomes meeting with BayouShooter members over a couple dozen transactions.

Top Bottom