Gun owners, it's time to do something!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tanker

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Metairie, Louisana
    I heard 2 conversations recently that jolted me into action. One was regarding the "inevitable election of Clinton and there was nothing anyone could do about it". The other was "Trump was going to win and the 2nd amendment was safe". The price of Liberty is eternal vigilance. As gun owners we shouldn't rely on the whims of politics or politicians to protect our freedom. Everyone on this site has something in common - we enjoy guns, hunting, target shooting, etc. Politics don't matter when something we all hold dear is in danger: our right to keep and bear arms. I don't agree with everything the NRA says or does, but I do believe they are the best defender of gun owners rights. Over the past 5 days I recruited 6 new NRA members. Took less than an hour. Less than one hour to add 6 defenders.... If everyone who reads this did the same.... http://www.shootingusa.com/LATEST_UPDATES/NRA_news/NRA_Membership/nra_membership.html

Last edited:

Mac 1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Welsh, LA
    I agree Tanker. I have signed up a few people in the last few months. I just received a gift renewal form from the NRA. I signed up my son and wife last year as gifts and will do the same this year along with recruiting as many more as I can. I do not know many people who do not belong though.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Lol if you think the 2nd amendment is safe with Trump in the White House. And don't bring up his sons' love of all things guns. Making gun ownership more difficult for us plebes will not effect anyone with any kind of money.
    I may be wrong but to elevate Trump to a champion of free and easy gun ownership is, I think, short sighted.
    What will happen is that in one way or another we will increasingly find it harder and harder to procure guns and ammo.
    Don't doubt me on this.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    QB7RL0f.jpg

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I'm an NRA lifetime member -

As far as the paranoia of the "They are coming to take our guns" I think it is just that - paranoia.

Obama didn't do it in his 8 years and Hillary won't do it either. -- It should also be noted that the only changes to gun laws under Obama were minimal at best. In fact, when compared to Ronald Reagan who supported such things as banning open carry, banning machine guns, banning assault weapons, and mandatory background checks, Obama has been pretty much hands off.

The president is NOT coming to take your guns. Hillary won't either. (Disclaimer - I don't like either of them, but I did like Reagan a lot)

But perhaps the biggest rebuke to the concern over gun confiscation is the fact that, despite support for universal background checks from 92% of Americans and 86% of gun owners congress was unable to even bring background check legislation up for a vote. According to an NRA poll, when asked if “Every American has a fundamental right to self-defense and a right to choose the home defense firearm that is best for them.” 76% of Americans said “yes.” If President Obama, with 92% support, can’t get even the simplest of gun control measures passed, then what in the world makes anyone think that there is even the slightest chance that the President could push through legislation to round up the 300 million or so guns floating around the United States.;)

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

As far as the paranoia of the "They are coming to take our guns" I think it is just that - paranoia.

Obama didn't do it in his 8 years and Hillary won't do it either. -- It should also be noted that the only changes to gun laws under Obama were minimal at best. In fact, when compared to Ronald Reagan who supported such things as banning open carry, banning machine guns, banning assault weapons, and mandatory background checks, Obama has been pretty much hands off.

The president is NOT coming to take your guns. Hillary won't either. (Disclaimer - I don't like either of them, but I did like Reagan a lot)

But perhaps the biggest rebuke to the concern over gun confiscation is the fact that, despite support for universal background checks from 92% of Americans and 86% of gun owners congress was unable to even bring background check legislation up for a vote. According to an NRA poll, when asked if *Every American has a fundamental right to self-defense and a right to choose the home defense firearm that is best for them.* 76% of Americans said *yes.* If President Obama, with 92% support, can’t get even the simplest of gun control measures passed, then what in the world makes anyone think that there is even the slightest chance that the President could push through legislation to round up the 300 million or so guns floating around the United States.;)

I think we will lose a lot of seats this round for one.

But think longer term "Supreme Court seats".

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    They won't have to take the guns, they can do an end around and tax them. Do something like, $500 per year per gun tax, certain guns like assault weapons could be more than other guns. It would make it economically unfeasible for many people to own them. The political basis of this would be as a health care tax, kind of like the extra taxes on cigarettes to cover the additional health care cost associated with product usage, but because guns aren't a consumable it would be in the form of an annual property tax. Of course, they will then have to start a database of all arms ownership. Many won't report them, but then you are a felon for owning an unreported gun, so don't slip up. It would become a war of attrition against gun ownership. So be careful when you are looking for them to take the guns, and watch out for when they just start trying to tax them while at the same time saying they aren't going to do any gun control. Also, they can start going after ammunition production, try to shut gun ownership down from the ammo supply side, maybe start putting stiff regulations on gun powder and make it a controlled substance. That's another end around approach to undermine the 2nd.

Maybe that is all just paranoia, but that is how it could be done politically without having to send the national guard door to door to collect all the guns or any other approach that would make for confrontational situations arising from physical confiscation.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.

But perhaps the biggest rebuke to the concern over gun confiscation is the fact that, despite support for universal background checks from 92% of Americans and 86% of gun owners congress was unable to even bring background check legislation up for a vote. According to an NRA poll, when asked if *Every American has a fundamental right to self-defense and a right to choose the home defense firearm that is best for them.* 76% of Americans said *yes.* If President Obama, with 92% support, can’t get even the simplest of gun control measures passed, then what in the world makes anyone think that there is even the slightest chance that the President could push through legislation to round up the 300 million or so guns floating around the United States.;)

Where are you getting these 92% and 86% figures? They sound like liberal poll figures quoted from Obama and his minions.
    I extremely disagree that 86% of gun owners supported Universal background checks and 92% of the people did either. 92% of liberals probably did.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Where are you getting these 92% and 86% figures? They sound like liberal poll figures quoted from Obama and his minions.
    I extremely disagree that 86% of gun owners supported Universal background checks and 92% of the people did either. 92% of liberals probably did.

If you look at the wording of these polls, it is clearly made to skew to a "yes" or supporting position. Like asking "would you support laws preventing children from going hungry?" Without referencing that the "laws" they are referring to involve feeding kittens to the children...

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Not to mention polls conducted by the liberal media.
    I remember the polls back when Conn school shooting occurred saying that 90% of Americans favored banning assault rifles but that the senators and representatives were getting calls and faxes that were 10 to 1 against.

WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans
    I'm resurrecting this thread to share some new thinking on this topic and hopes it gets some more involved politically.

If President Obama, with 92% support, can’t get even the simplest of gun control measures passed, then what in the world makes anyone think that there is even the slightest chance that the President could push through legislation to round up the 300 million or so guns floating around the United States.;)

They won't have to take the guns, they can do an end around and tax them. Do something like, $500 per year per gun tax, certain guns like assault weapons could be more than other guns. It would make it economically unfeasible for many people to own them.
    ... It would become a war of attrition against gun ownership.
    Maybe that is all just paranoia, but that is how it could be done politically without having to send the national guard door to door to collect all the guns or any other approach that would make for confrontational situations arising from physical confiscation.

It appears that less people think this is paranoia. Here is an article on the same attrition tactic to disarm Americans.
    http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/10/the_coming_national_gun_ban__and_how_the_states_can_resist.html

Top Bottom