Gun Safe

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Gun safe needs to be my next purchase.

In the range of $1500 or under, what is "the best" in each of your opinions?

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    buy a BIGGER safe than you think you need....

And +10 for RP&G. Catch them at the right time and they'll deliver it to your driveway.

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    A safe will be my next purchase as well. A lot of people have recommended this one to me. I just want to be sure that it is heavy enough so that if a thief does break into my house, they cannot make off with the entire safe. This one weighs just over 500 lbs. If a ban does go through, half of my firearms will not be able to be replaced.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/winchester-reg-gun-safe-24-gun-capacity-1043297?zoneMarketInfo=2-9&reqUrl=%2Fwinchester-reg-gun-safe-24-gun-capacity-1043297&langId=-1&storeId=10551&storeCity=city%2C+state&catalogId=10001&storeZip=70508&ddkey=http:LocationBasedPricingCmd

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I got lucky in a cannon safe just recently when academy moved and bought one of them. It's pretty damn big and I don't have much to put in it now but it's always fun to customize them take all the useless shelving they come with and start making your own. I'll send you a link in pm to what I've done to mine so far and I still have a bit to do with it. Just stuff has been coming up life I suppose..

Rooster225

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Baton Rouge, La
    Sugarbug,
    Check this you tube video out. It's an advertisement put out buy Liberty where they attempt to make their safe look better by bragging that it takes 10 minutes to break into instead of cheaper model that only took a minute. So their safe is ten times better??? What the hell? First off what the hell were they thinking, uhh lets show the world how to break into one of our safes in ten minutes?? How about consider buying a safe that maybe the manufacturer doesn't advertise how to break into.
    FORT KNOX star corner bolts, active bolts on all four sides plus on all four corners. Anything else is just a steel cabinet and you'd be better served by going to local vo-tech and have welding students build you a box with some gate hinges and tin metal padlock hasps. Sell a couple guns you don't use and take that money and invest in a safe that will ensure the ones you do use will be there when you come back for them.

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    Any safe beats no safe, but be ware of electronic locks, many of them have a emergency backup code programed at the factory for customer service reaasons / liability reasons (imagine a child locked in a safe), but because the safe companies are cheap they use the same backup access code for all their models and the better criminals often know codes for the various popular brands. Some models of locks let you turn this feature off, but most don't, once they are set, they are set.

snoopygw73

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    mandeville/covington
    I did a lot of shopping and comparing before buying mine. In fact, i shopped around for about 8 months. i finally decided on a patriot gun safe and couldn't be happier. the safe is built like a bank vault and offers the highest fire rating. i highly recommend checking them out. http://www.patriotsafe.com/ i bought the 39 gun capacity safe thinking i would never fill it up. boy was i wrong. go bigger than needed. and if your wife gets a combination to it, go even bigger. she will want to put her personal stuff in it as well.

K9CopSGT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Lutcher, LA
    Do NOT try to buy a Cannon Gun Safe right now. A friend of mine and I both ordered one in December, and were contacted by YRC Freight to have them delivered, when suddenly they are refusing to deliver them. There is some issue between the freight company and Cannon at this time. Both of us have paid for the safes in full, so that is not the issue.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom