gun shops in lafayette?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Rustyduck, I've been searching for gun shops with fair prices in Lafayette long and hard. I cannot come up with any. Even Academy is expensive. I usually buy my handguns from this forum, LA Sportsman, local classifieds, or Internet.

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    It was funny but here's the deal. Depending on what you want that is fair, there are gun stores in Lafayette. Academy has decent prices on some pistols. Dave's gun shop seemed to have some accessories and pistols at decent prices. Barney's has sales once in a while(rifles and accessories). Depending on what you're looking for, you will have a better chance at one than the other. I would go to all of them really. You just might run into a killer deal....good luck. I don't see a one stop shop in or around Lafayette at decent prices though...

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Rustyduck, I've been searching for gun shops with fair prices in Lafayette long and hard. I cannot come up with any. Even Academy is expensive. I usually buy my handguns from this forum, LA Sportsman, local classifieds, or Internet.

This. I try to support local gun shops but I have a limit. If I have to pay more than 50 bucks otd at local stores, it's a no go and I get it online. Rifles are set at $100. accessories depends on the need/availability.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Dave's used to sell guns for 5% over cost, but that was a few years ago.

Lafayette- the land of "it cost more, because expensive means better, doesn't it?" "Come visit beautiful Landfill, er River Ranch"

Last edited:

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    When I first thought of getting a gun, I was passing and seen "Daves Gun Shop", I stopped in to see what I would be looking to spend for a handgun, just to learn on. (This was over a year ago). After 15 minutes of me looking, someone walked up and asked if I needed help, I told him im looking for something in expensive to just shoot for fun. He told me if I wanted something cheap or inexpensive to go to a pawn shop. Never went back. Went to Lafayette Shooters, stayed in the for approximately 1.5 minutes, and thats because it took that long to walk to gun counter and back.

kibb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Lafayette, La
    I just went through the shopping deal myself. I said Barney's because that is where I found the best deal for what I needed. I just bought a S&W m&p15or-moe for $950 there. The cheapest I could find just the regular optic ready was $950 at Academy. Everyone else was at the 1k mark or over. That's all the shops in Lafayette and New Iberia.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Buck Fins N Feathers is OK. Acadiana Outfitters has good deals sometimes. Academy is good when they have sales. Dave's, Lafayette Shooters, Barneys will rape your wallet. There are a couple of shops here in Opelousas that stock firearms but I haven't had a chance to look at their prices yet.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Buck Fins N Feathers is OK. Acadiana Outfitters has good deals sometimes. Academy is good when they have sales. Dave's, Lafayette Shooters, Barneys will rape your wallet. There are a couple of shops here in Opelousas that stock firearms but I haven't had a chance to look at their prices yet.

Where? anywheres besides pawn shops?

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    In Opelousas there is Advanced Hunting Systems and Saint Landry Lumber. Advanced just got their FFL. They have a decent selection of hunting rifles and a few handguns. Saint Landry Lumber has had theirs for a little while and has a pretty good selection of rifles. I'm not sure but I wanna say they had an ok selection of handguns as well. Its been a while since I've been to Saint Landry Lumber and like I said I never checked any prices. The customer services has always been awesome for me though. I've ordered several gun parts from them.

Oh, and Advanced Hunting Systems gives a 10% discount to all LEO, EMS, Fire, and military personnel on almost everything in the store.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    pawn shops are usually the worst of the bunch!!

They'll take any old used beat up firearm and price it a msrp for a new gun....
    granted there is some room to negotiate if you're paying cash....but still.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    In Opelousas there is Advanced Hunting Systems and Saint Landry Lumber. Advanced just got their FFL. They have a decent selection of hunting rifles and a few handguns. Saint Landry Lumber has had theirs for a little while and has a pretty good selection of rifles. I'm not sure but I wanna say they had an ok selection of handguns as well. Its been a while since I've been to Saint Landry Lumber and like I said I never checked any prices. The customer services has always been awesome for me though. I've ordered several gun parts from them.

Oh, and Advanced Hunting Systems gives a 10% discount to all LEO, EMS, Fire, and military personnel on almost everything in the store.

I've never heard of either. You learn something new everyday. Wish I would have known that last month when looking for a handgun. (I used to work in opelousas, until 2 weeks ago)

jailhouse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    dont even think about Dave's for an FFL transfer either. If they have the gun in stock that you are buying, they will try to rape you on the transfer.

I have only bought my hunting shot gun locally my pistols have come from a family friend who has a shop in Texas. Even after shipping and the FFL transfer it is cheaper than anyone near here.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I dont really buy guns at shops any more, the prices are simply retarded and some shops have a +35% of cost on weapons compared to the 10% that they used to, most of my purchased are online and I just pay them for the FFL transfer.

I have NO problem buying used if I have to as well as long as the price is right, sometimes even private sellers think they are a pawn shops trying to get $20 less than a new one so you have to keep your eyes open and do some research before you buy.

Top Bottom