gun shops in lafayette?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jreynolds

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    This might sound weird, but call G & H Seed company in church point and speak with Jeff. They have a sporting goods department and keep a fair amount of firearms between the church point location and Gueydan store. Have bought several guns from them. They normally will work with u on a price.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    When I first thought of getting a gun, I was passing and seen "Daves Gun Shop", I stopped in to see what I would be looking to spend for a handgun, just to learn on. (This was over a year ago). After 15 minutes of me looking, someone walked up and asked if I needed help, I told him im looking for something in expensive to just shoot for fun. He told me if I wanted something cheap or inexpensive to go to a pawn shop. Never went back. Went to Lafayette Shooters, stayed in the for approximately 1.5 minutes, and thats because it took that long to walk to gun counter and back.

Neil,

We all know where Crowley is.

My hometown was made infamous by the Avoyelles Parish native, Edwin W. Edwards, when he claimed it.

leVieux

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Actually seed companies or feed stores where one of the few to have an FFL in small towns, when they made changes to the FFL rules and regulations a lot of them decided to give up their FFL just so they wouldnt have to deal w the BS of record keeping and heaving a full blown front store. There are still a few, I know of one here in St.Martinville that holds an FFL and sell NO guns, most of the time they can order but they dont stock much selection most of their sale is ammunition during hunting season.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    This might sound weird, but call G & H Seed company in church point and speak with Jeff. They have a sporting goods department and keep a fair amount of firearms between the church point location and Gueydan store. Have bought several guns from them. They normally will work with u on a price.

G&H was founded by Nolan Guillot, a rice expert from Crowley. Nolan was a hunter, who was friends with the late Ed Falcon and almost everyone in the rice "bidness".

The sporting goods part of G&H was originally a hobby for Nolan, who was a very good guy from my childhood. They now carry some high-quality lines not usually found in such small towns.

G&H is very, very "local" and has an excellent reputation.

leVieux

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    G&H was founded by Nolan Guillot, a rice expert from Crowley. Nolan was a hunter, who was friends with the late Ed Falcon and almost everyone in the rice "bidness".

The sporting goods part of G&H was originally a hobby for Nolan, who was a very good guy from my childhood. They now carry some high-quality lines not usually found in such small towns.

G&H is very, very "local" and has an excellent reputation.

leVieux

I am from Church Point, could you point me in the right direction?

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I've bought a few guns from Bullets & Bows in Rayne....I've always gotten good prices there and the service is pretty good too....

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I've bought a few guns from Bullets & Bows in Rayne....I've always gotten good prices there and the service is pretty good too....

Yeh I've been in there a couple times. I came veryyyy close to getting a new Ruger from them a couple weeks ago. Was always asked if I needed help when entering

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    My two cents worth.
    Dave's Gun Shop...I've purchased three guns from them in last year. The items I bought were very fairly priced, and the guys that work there have always been excellent. No 'mall ninja' crap happening at Dave's!

Academy..bought two guns in last two years, as time goes by their selection becomes more and more low end oriented and so I do not look for guns there anymore.

Buckfins and Feathers..have bought three guns from them in last two years. Good selection and they have always worked with me to meet price if I can find it for lower locally.

Lafayette Looters..BWAA HAHHA AHAHA! Are you freakin kidding me??

Barneys...used to shoot there, do not anymore. What killed it for me was seeing a trashed, rusty and beat up AK on their back wall with an $1150.00 price tag on it.

Pawn Shops...have bnever bought anything from a pawn shop but I occasionally look anyway. No deals yet.

retreaux

old enough to know better
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Prairie Bosse
    I've dealt with shooters and cajun in N.I. lately shooters has a nice selection but was a little high on the prices. Bought an LCP from Cajun and the price was the same as every other place I had checked. Bought accessories for my 19 from Daves and the prices were like other places. Buckfins in Broussard has a good selection also but I have not bought anything there yet. I don't think you will make good deals in and around LFT. unless you know someone at a shop.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Acadiana Outfitters has a good rifle/shotgun selection and stocks a few handguns but can usually get anything you want overnight. Markup is normally 5-10% less than their competition and they have zero bad attitude if you buy elsewhere and have it shipped to them ($25/transfer - no hassle). Pudry gals workin' there, too.

jreynolds

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    If you are from Church Point, check out G & H there. If they don't have what you are looking for there, they can get it from the Gueydan store or order it.

CAJUNLAWYER

crusty old bastard
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Iberia Parish
    If you have never been to G&H in Gueydan you owe it to yourself to go just to look at their selection. Be forwarned they close at noon on Saturdays!.
    I won't buy local as the stores will rape you. I used one store as a transfer for a SBEII Used that I won on an auction because my usual FFL had given up his liscense. Those bastards charged me $80 for the transfer!!!!!!!!
    Dave's is a joke-it was good years back when Kelly owned it but not now. Academy doesn't have any selection. Lafayette Shooters is a great place to go to feel good about my collection-if I could sell them for what they are asking for their guns I would make a handsome profit. Puglia's in New Orleans has a nice selection and I have bougt from them in the past, but now I limit myself to internet sales or from private people

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom