Gun Shows in Lafayette,.... worth goin?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BobKaro

Yellow Boxes? Sweet!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Youngsville, LA
    I actually liked the last show I went to over on Johnston Street. It seemed like a smaller venue with less of the crafts/cheap jewelry/ Chinese crap for sale.

I like going. Sometimes you come across a good deal. Often you'll get to see a gun you haven't run across yet. I don't go in expecting any great deals though.

ragincajun1919

Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Sep 23, 2009
    Lafayette, La
    Last show I went to at the "lafayette event center" or whatever its called, so hot, packed, and stinky. However, I did leave with Supermatch M1A in an original E2 stock, so... I left happy.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Dunno if things are different there, but for the last 5 years I have seen absolutely NOTHING at a gun-show that I wanted aside from a few nick-nacks. Usually anything worth buying is very overpriced.

However, like a pawn-shop, sometimes you just luck into a real steal.

The real reason I still like them is it is a great way to spend time with my Dad. That makes the bum products and sky-high prices a moot point for me.

don63

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Last gun show I went to I was looking for a S&W 3913. Found a 908 in great shape for $350. I was satisfied, and this was at the end of the Obama bubble.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I will be there tomorrow at around 1/1:30...Will be bringing a couple of Mauser's and some brass for trading...Approx.
    50/60 454 Casull
    50/60 45 Long Colt
    33-300 Win Mag.
    19-270 wsm...
    I'm reloading .308 and in the near future 38/357..So if you have some to trade...bring it...P.M. me for a phone #...Thanks'

Southland Fi

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Morgan City
    I will be at the gunshow this weekend. Any BS member that buys and/or places an order to buy a firearm from me at the show I will reimburse you the $8 admission fee. :)

BIGGREEN

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    I went today about 9:30 to avoid the early morning rush. BOY was I wrong! The parking lot was packed! There were the regular dealers in the same places but there were quite a few new tables. I have NEVER bought a gun at a gun show, mainly because the prices are basically retail. I bought 2 today. One was a Ruger single six in stainless NIB for $450 and the other was a NAA 22 mag/lr folding pocket pistol also NIB for $225. Both of these guns were at small tables and I bought them on my first pass, early. I saw both of these guns at other tables for up to and over $100 more. I also bought a Viridian C5 tactical handgun light/laser. It is said to be the "worlds smallest" combo light with 6 feature settings. It is an AWESOME light. I am gonna start a thread about it and find out if they hold up.

jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    Sorry Barney, I saw your request after I returned from the show. Lots of guns, lots of people and no parking. Worth the $7.00 entry fee.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Went this evening..Crowded and hot...The way i like it...
    Traded a mauser for a Remington 870 Super Magnum S.P. Turkey shotgun...
    Ran into Flemgunner from R.J...Cool dude ..B.S with him for a few...
    Reloading stuff was really not there..A little bit here and there...i enjoyed it...
    Would post a few picture's..But mine does not work....

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    If someone goes tomorrow and can post if they see any H4350 powder I would appreciate it. Looking for an 8# jug but would buy some 1#. I just do not want to drive to Lafayette and pay to get in on a maybe. Thanks.

Southland Fi

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Morgan City
    You are right it was crowded. I had a few BS members stop by to say hello but I didn't catch there names. Remember any BS member that buys and/or places an order for a firearm I will reimburse you your entrance fee. But you need to tell me when you are buying the firearm.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    icutech1
    Top Bottom