Gun store owner and son killed in fight with angry customer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    People are crazy. Based on that report cant who's the agressor but either party should have been able to defuse the situation. Its a shame two died and two more will likely wish they had died. This type of foolishness looks bad on everyone of us.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Damn shame indeed.
    So many live changed forever over what?!?!

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Huh? I don't think so. I'm only responsible for what I do.

Yeah you and I understand that but our dirtbag president and the nutbag media likes to use these kind of shootings to jump and shout about. You know the kind that arn't "urban on urban" because they clearly ignore the killing fields of the "gunfree" Chi-town.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Just heard a guy on the radio that knew both parties. He didn't really add much information other than that the McCool young man had a pretty aggressive Facebook.

The article states that there was a $25 charge for a gun that was not fixed. I can't quite figure that out other than its being a fee to diagnose what was wrong.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Just heard a guy on the radio that knew both parties. He didn't really add much information other than that the McCool young man had a pretty aggressive Facebook.

The article states that there was a $25 charge for a gun that was not fixed. I can't quite figure that out other than its being a fee to diagnose what was wrong.

Yeah thats my guess. The shop looked at the gun said x,y, or z is wrong the two parties decided not to fix it at this time for whatever thd reason may be. The guy comes to pick up his gun probably already annoyed the clerk says that will be $25. He says what you didnt fix anything. The clerk replys thats the minimum fee. He responds well I'm not paying clerk responds well I cant give you your gun back. Matches and gasoline from there.

Thats all speculation by the way I have no personal connection to any of the parties.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Yeah thats my guess. The shop looked at the gun said x,y, or z is wrong the two parties decided not to fix it at this time for whatever thd reason may be. The guy comes to pick up his gun probably already annoyed the clerk says that will be $25. He says what you didnt fix anything. The clerk replys thats the minimum fee. He responds well I'm not paying clerk responds well I cant give you your gun back. Matches and gasoline from there.

Thats all speculation by the way I have no personal connection to any of the parties.

Sounds about right.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    Sounds about right.

I heard a rumor that customers left store after altercation, went to vehicle, retrieved weapons(pistol and shotgun), re-entered store with weapons and then the shoot-out began. I'd like to stress that that's only a rumor, not from any official source.

Last edited:

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I heard a rumor that customers left store after altercation, went to vehicle, retrieved weapons(pistol and shotgun), re-entered store with weapons and then the shoot-out began.

If this is true, both should be charged with first degree murder. Only speculation at this point. Maybe the store has servelience cameras that caught the whole thing on video?

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    man people are freakin' crazy...I try my best to avoid all conflict...at almost all costs...most things just aren't worth your life.

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    I live about 4 miles from the shop , I have had Jason do work on a couple of guns .he did good work and was always nice . Dam shame ...
    Oh and He has been there for 4 or more years Whbonney .

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell

He charged $25 to look at your problem and if you got it fixed the fee would go toward the cost of the fix ,if not you just payed the fee .

And yea mccools profile got changed from a glock .40 cal with the mag out showing some red tip defense round (just after the s**T hit the fan ) ,to him in the pic with thumbs up .AND NOW THE GLOCK PIC IS GONE FROM HIS PICS The Son https://www.facebook.com/mccool24?pnref=story
    The Dad https://www.facebook.com/audymccool

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Without the full story, I will guess that if true, the two murderers (and they are murderers), came in with the guns drawn but not aimed at the owners. Owners go for own guns; murderers already got the drop on them.

I will bet my last nickel there is a video! What are the chances this would be the only gun store in America without surveillance?

Going to be hard for the murderers to prove they were acting in fear of their own lives!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom