Gun Store Robbed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Pretty brazen. No metal roll down shutters or bars will stop that. Perhaps heavy concrete barriers like they use at the WH, around perimeter of store. Steal a car, smash and grab. All comes down to LEO response times to alarm. Notice the ATF involved, they don't tale kindly to gun store robberies or thefts. Not the first time I have seen this reported, and I'm sure it will not be the last. Shoot, in NOLA you might have an hour before cops arrive on scene. Surprised those NO mongrels have not thought of this.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Pretty brazen. No metal roll down shutters or bars will stop that. Perhaps heavy concrete barriers like they use at the WH, around perimeter of store. Steal a car, smash and grab. All comes down to LEO response times to alarm. Notice the ATF involved, they don't tale kindly to gun store robberies or thefts. Not the first time I have seen this reported, and I'm sure it will not be the last. Shoot, in NOLA you might have an hour before cops arrive on scene. Surprised those NO mongrels have not thought of this.
    No they need a all nite guard armed to the teeth.Maybe two.A few Anti-personnel mines at strategic areas on trip wires.Install some bamboo pits.That would make your buddies think about trying it after you died.....I mean tried.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    They have thought of it, there was a rash of gun store burglaries of this type across the Northshore about 1.5-2 years ago, they would steal vehicles to ram, run in and grab and run back out real quick. Eventually some got caught, mostly juveniles doing it on behalf of adults who would actually face serious time if caught.

I believe one of the locations on the west end of the parish actually had some bollards out front but they were not fully effective. If they're determined, they'll drive through some other part of the wall. Effectively barricading the entire perimeter of the establishment could be quite costly and difficult, especially if in a location adjacent to other businesses. It's mostly a matter of slowing rather than totally preventing.

UncleBiff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Chalmette
    I figured the store would have at least had the pistols locked up in a safe at night. Looks like the juveniles just busted the glass show cases and took everything.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    I don't recall ever seeing a gun store in New Orleans?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I don't recall ever seeing a gun store in New Orleans?
    A quick search and I cannot find nary a one. Gretna or Jeff yes. Not even an Academy Sports. They prob all closed up and moved elsewhere. Dem savages rely upon stealing their guns, not purchasing em legal like.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Last edited:

mod1911a

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Covington, LA
    Those rascally "teens", as the media refers to 'em. The 13% at it again.
    Those were the "intelligent ones". The dumb ones are stealing potato chips from Wawa's.
    Anybody else miss the pre-2008 years? I do. Stick a fork in us......we're done.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Jeezers! I can’t believe how many of them there are. And about as dumb as dirt. All the riff raff out front for 5 minutes before they actually broke in… with traffic rolling by to boot. The way they walked around aimlessly in the store too. Bunch of half wits. If this was planned, I don’t think law enforcement will have too much trouble catching these fools.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I have a friend that lives there. According to him the police station is not far from the gun shop and that cops are always riding around. So he isn't sure how they got away with it.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

Top Bottom