Gun Vault

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    My grand daughter will be one year old tomorrow. I want to be responsible and secure my go to pistol for the house. Any suggestions or experience with a gun vault.
    Thanks,
    Charles

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I use the GunVault Micro MV500. I do not care for the biometric versions; my experience with them shows that they only work well only under the best conditions. Make sure you practice opening it, which is easy to do if it's your EDC gun.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I have been wanting one and the post got me to thinking about it again. (Thanks Charles)
    Ordered one on Amazon for $140.14 total including shipping. Should be here early next week.

Glad I could help. This is what I got.
    is.aspx

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I use the GunVault Micro MV500. I do not care for the biometric versions; my experience with them shows that they only work well only under the best conditions. Make sure you practice opening it, which is easy to do if it's your EDC gun.

Same here. It fits perfect in my top nightstand drawer and I like the top opening vs the trap door. Keeping it in the drawer provides one more layer of security from the kiddos, out of sight out of mind.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    It's only as good as you are at remembering to use it - or as good as your wife is at (gently reminding) you to use it. :)

Also, treat the batteries like you do the smoke alarms - change them out on a regular basis whether they need it or not (finding the key in the dark, in a hurry, is NOT fun).

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jerry1090
    Top Bottom