Gunbroker

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • del4

All around nice guy.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Walker
    I recently bid on a pistol on Gunbroker. It was a "No Reserve" auction. I placed my max bid and I lost in the last hour. No biggie, it was an impulse bid in the first place. My bid was so low compared to the actual value of the gun that I couldn't resist. Anyway, I saw a link to the Relisted Item right after I lost the auction. It appeared to be the exact same gun, not a stock photo. I'm pretty sure this has happened to me before.

My question is, do dealers outbid actual bidders if the price is too low on a firearm and just relist it? Is that a common thing? Why don't they set a reserve or start the bidding at a higher price?

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I have seen this, also more often they just use the same pics for an additional auction. I say more often, but don’t really see the obvious *shill*. Gunbroker has an *auto relist* option, even if the item is sold.

i see several gun shops do this, they have honored the super low price when won. I think the shill is more common with individuals.

Also Gunbroker has a 15 minute rule, so you can’t *snipe* on there like you can on ebay. Any bids in the last 15 minutes will extend the auction another 15 minutes.

a snipe is when you try to be the last bid on a fairly low priced auction. Most people put a max bid in for just over the required bid. So on eBay if I see an auction for a true $50 item I might want & the current bid is like $19 or $20, I might bid $36.42 in the last 5 to 7 seconds of an auction.

this doesn’t give anyone enough time to then try and outbid you.

‘’just an FYI*

del4

All around nice guy.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Walker
    I have seen this, also more often they just use the same pics for an additional auction. I say more often, but don’t really see the obvious *shill*. Gunbroker has an *auto relist* option, even if the item is sold.

Is the auto relist for when you have multiple firearms that are the same?

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    I bid like $250 on a S&W 59 once and the guy kept blowing me off. I finally threatened him with negative feedback and he started to respond. He said it was a "reserve" auction when it was set up as a regular one.

I got free positive feedback out of it.

this was on gunauction.com

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I bid $425 on a NIB Sig P229 just as a impulse, same as you. Imagine my surprise when I won the auction. With shipping and FFL fee, it was $474 for a $900 firearm. I just about $hit my pants. Had to quick sell a couple of other guns to keep from welching on the deal.

del4

All around nice guy.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Walker
    I bid $425 on a NIB Sig P229 just as a impulse, same as you. Imagine my surprise when I won the auction. With shipping and FFL fee, it was $474 for a $900 firearm. I just about $hit my pants. Had to quick sell a couple of other guns to keep from welching on the deal.

I am glad I didn’t win the auction. But, it would have been cool if I did.

Top Bottom