Guns for Gas!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Clean out your closets and mark your calendar!

B.R. to launch 'gas for guns' program
    The city's "Gas for Guns" buyback program, planned for Oct. 23, will offer residents up to $200 in Circle K gas certificates in exchange for unwanted handguns and assault weapons. City officials are expected to unveil complete plans today for the voluntary program, which will be staged at four area churches. Mayor Kip Holden, Police Chief Jeff LeDuff, Sheriff Sid Gautreaux and District Attorney Hillar Moore III are expected to be among those announcing full details at a press conference today. Other cities, such as Boston, Chicago and Los Angeles, have held similar campaigns to rid the streets of unwanted firearms, and have collected thousands of handguns and assault weapons in the process. Baton Rouge is experiencing what some leaders have dubbed a "crime emergency." There have been several high-profile crimes, including a Beauregard Town home invasion, in which a woman was killed and her daughter wounded, and a shooting death of a teen on the Mississippi River levee.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Who had that Lorcin? Finally a good for that POS.

I SERIOUSLY doubt they collected any "assault" weapons other than SA .22 caliber rifles.

Dave

VincentBuckles

Mesa Kinetic
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    what i'm wondering is can i stand outside of the church and purchase these deadly assault style rifles for 210 cash?

personally as a devout Christian and church goer, i am insulted that churches are participating in this kind of nonsense. whats next? send a Christian neighbor to the gas chamber and get a 200 dollar gift card??

Top Bottom