Guns Stolen from Vehicles

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    The best idea I've had yet is getting an upholstery expert to make a slash pocket in the side of my passenger bucket seat held closed with spring metal or a thin strip of Velcro. Imagine putting your arm behind the back of your passenger. That's where the pocket would go. Along the seam in the seat fabric.

It's not locked in there but it's not where thieves would look...until now!

This would have to be done in such a way that the passenger doesn't feel the gun against their back.

Any upholstery experts out there that can pull this off?

I have a similar idea using after-market seat covers. It would be easier and cheaper to do the conversion on these but the seat covers themselves would add to the cost.

Again, anyone out there that can do this? A BS member would be nice. You could even steal my idea and make a million dollars off it...

Last edited:

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Are the barrel locks (round lock mechanism) any better?

TUBULAR_1_300.jpg

These? These do at least require either equipment that costs $70-80 or is insanely hard to find to open. That said, once you've dropped the money the doodad that picks those basically works like a spare key most of the time.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    TUBULAR_1_300.jpg

These? These do at least require either equipment that costs $70-80 or is insanely hard to find to open. That said, once you've dropped the money the doodad that picks those basically works like a spare key most of the time.

Yes those. Ouch. Well, it is still better than doing nothing at all. And I do believe these devices are a deterrent to the vast majority of car burglars. The important thing is that we all take the strongest steps we can to be responsible gun owners.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Yes those. Ouch. Well, it is still better than doing nothing at all. And I do believe these devices are a deterrent to the vast majority of car burglars. The important thing is that we all take the strongest steps we can to be responsible gun owners.

Honestly, if you've got $70-80 to spend on the pick I doubt you're breaking into cars. A lot of the other locks on those boxes can be opened with picks that can be made in 5 minutes from part of your windshield wiper blade without tools. That's a big difference.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA

There are hundreds of hours of this stuff on Youtube. The common factor seems to be pounding on it from different directions.

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Pale Horse,

Do you have any recommendations? :rofl:

I love the posts. "Looking for a cheap gun to keep in my truck". And later post they park in a high crime area where it has a high likely hood of being stolen. Hence if it's stolen they won't lose that much. :rolleyes: These people are irresponsible in my personal opinion.

Some people can't help where they have to go and can't take their gun with them. I think we should do what we can to minimize gun theft, but it's not like they are leaving the cars unlocked with the gun on the seat...... I hope. :hs:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Pale Horse,

Some people can't help where they have to go and can't take their gun with them. I think we should do what we can to minimize gun theft, but it's not like they are leaving the cars unlocked with the gun on the seat...... I hope. :hs:
    Leaving it your car in front of your house is irresponsible though. And I seems like that is what most of our threads on here involve. If you're already home, take it inside.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Leaving it your car in front of your house is irresponsible though. And I seems like that is what most of our threads on here involve. If you're already home, take it inside.

Absolutely. That would be an appropriate precaution to keep it from being stolen...... I know some people are okay with breaking the law and carrying everywhere. Some people aren't okay with that and do have to leave it in the car for some amount of time.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Pale Horse,

Honestly, unless you're looking to spend a buttload of money I'd suggest one with the locks shown in posts 62-63. While they are easy to open with the right tool, how many homies are smart/willing to work enough to find the right tool and willing/able to spend $70-80 on it? I'd rather have that than something that pops open if you hit it a few times, or stick a piece of scrap metal in the lock and wiggle it around. Hell, chimps can poke a stick in an anthill to get ants out so there's at least the possibility that the street turds might think to stick a paper clip in the cheap locks.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom