Gunsmithing questions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gooch1234

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    St Charles
    Gotta quick couple questions to see if I'm right

Bought a bnib kimber custom II and wanted to modify. Purchased bnib kimber night sites. I currently work 5 hours from home, so found a gunsmith in north Louisiana to put them on. (On a recommendation) We'll, after getting my gun back, the slide was scratched and the old sights were bent so badly that they are now garbage. I called the gunsmith and he didn't really give 2 craps about it. His quote was , "what you want me to do about?" Let alone, he charged 50 bucks to scratch my gun.

That being said, I was gonna list the name and place but didn't know if that was right to do here.

Any recommendations as to my next course of actions. I asked for replacement sites and he stated, "but there is no money in that for me".

This wAs Tuesday of last week. Still waiting on a call back

Thanks fellow members.

Goatwhiskers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That guy is no gunsmith, and a very poor businessman. Altho he is business and honor bound to make good on his error, your chance of collecting is slim to none and slim is out of town. My advice is to swallow your pride and your loss and never do business with him again. Bad mouthing him in public won't accomplish much, but I would inform the person who "recommended" him. GW

Top Bottom