Guy I work with was charged and convicted for a felony for shooting a snake

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Actual events were probably swiftly moved along with the hysterical help of the person who called 911. God knows WTF, they told dispatch. :rolleyes:

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Sounds like the person in question didn't use good judgment to begin with. With this mind set being understood, I can see it now. I'm the neighbor sitting in my back yard playing with my kids. Laughing and joking maybe throwing a ball. I throw the ball to Jr. and he misses it and it rolls over to wards the fence, "I'll get it Dad" BOOB, BOOM ,BOOM as my pride and joy is in the danger zone!!! "OH MY GOD SOMEONE's SHOOTING AT MY SON!!???!!!??? Then wife in a panic does the only thing that she nows to do, calls 911. This probably played out well over the dispatchers head set. When the JP PD shows up with guns drawn the original person in question (the guy with the gun) probably copped an attitude about this being "his property" and "he can do what he wants". All of this while he is holding the gun to make sure that the ferocious snake won't arise in the "Rapture" and try to get him again. All this is going to do is **** the Officers ,that showed up on the call, off severely. With being that pissed off they read into the scene with the most of extenuating of charges that they could fathom (that might stick) and that is , maybe, why this turned out to be a felony

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I agree that what he did was stupid and a shovel a book and/or more knowledge would have served his purpose without any ramifications.

fixed. to me, when people do this it is just ignorant. even though you might be able to shoot first and ask questions later as that applies to snakes if you live in the country, you should obviously think twice in the city. why not learn what poisonous snakes look like? seems like claiming self defense for shooting a small non-poisonous snake in your yard would be no different than claiming self defense against shooting a stray puppy in your yard. and no, I don't think puppy = snake in all instances, but if you can read this by yourself, you're probably smart enough to know what I'm getting at.

Some hoes is scared a snakes!

:rofl: true (puppies too) :p

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom