guys with UPIN numbers...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    Did they check the LSP site to see if the CHP was valid?
    Shame on the selling merchant. It is so easy to check it. They should have this bookmarked and use it.

https://chp-web.dps.louisiana.gov/FrontUser/RequestStatus.aspx

"Note: This tool will only confirm the current status of a Louisiana Concealed Handgun Permit. It is the responsibility of the Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) to confirm the permit is a 5-year permit and issued on or after March 9, 2015, pursuant to the ATF’s Open Letter to All Louisiana Federal Firearms Licensees dated April 3, 2015. Acceptable statuses are “APPROVED” or “REINSTATED” only."

I have done purchases like those above by presenting my Dr. License and valid CHP. Never left the shop without the gun purchase. A nice extra benefit of having a CHP.

Last edited:

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I would not use an LGS that did not accept a CHL. Even Academy accepts it, and they are famous for not releasing a firearm until they get the call back, even after three days.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I would not use an LGS that did not accept a CHL. Even Academy accepts it, and they are famous for not releasing a firearm until they get the call back, even after three days.
    I used me CHP last year at Academy in Denham Springs and no problem. I bought a shotgun online and when I went to the store I gave them my DL & CHP it was easy. Did the form on a tablet and was out the door

Top Bottom