H. Norman Schwarzkopf Died

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    General H. Norman Schwarzkopf passed away today. He was 78 and the Allied Commander during the first gulf war...........

They are droping like flies..........Wondering if President George H.W. Bush is next since he is very ill and has been for a month now????????

22lr

The Lost Hoosier
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Bossier City
    I will always view him as one of the last great military tacticians. He wasn't just a dude who was given some stars to wear, he was a true leader of men. With leaders like him gone, its clear to see why the Army and military in general is in the shape it is in.

"As far as Saddam Hussein being a great military strategist, he is neither a strategist, nor is he schooled in the operational arts, nor is he a tactician, nor is he a general, nor is he a soldier. Other than that, he's a great military man, I want you to know that." General Norman Schwarzkopf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Central, La.
    My favorite quote by General H. Norman Schwarzkopf---That is a load of Bovine Scatology---Bovine pertaining to cattle, specifically Bulls---Scatology is the study of excrement. BS

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    A great man gone....

I keep his 14 rules of leadership posted near my desk and read them daily. My most favorite is rule #14: Do what is right. It is a sign of character. Have strength of character – a prerequisite to having the courage to do the right thing. Do the right thing – have the moral courage to do the right thing.

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    Well, as long as you were on his side he was very likeable. The sign of a true leader is the ability to get the willing obedience of the troops and I think he was one I would have followed into Hell.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom