H&R-Nef 45-70 Handi Rifle FS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dww

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Grayson
    NIB 45-70 - never fired. Wood stock and blued barrel. Comes with a NIB 1.5 x 4.5 Tasco World Class scope and Weaver mount and rings still in packages. The sling is neoprene with 4 cartridge holder loops. 3 boxes of ammo comes with it, 20 Rem 300 HP and 40 Win 300 HP. I paid over 450 for this and never got to use it. Kids need a Christmas. $300 for all, FTF in Columbia, Monroe, or Olla area.

Last edited:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    NIB 45-70 - never fired. Wood stock and blued barrel. Comes with a NIB 1.5 x 4.5 Tasco World Class scope and Weaver mount and rings still in packages. The sling is neoprene with 4 cartridge holder loops.

Is that the 22" barrel? Are the NEF rifles like the H&R?

Where is grayson?

about 50 miles NE of Alexandria on 165.

Last edited:

dww

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Grayson
    Yes, it's the 22" barrel. It makes for a pretty compact package. The NEF is the exact same as the H&R. I'm about 38-40 miles north of Alexandria.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    OK, a friend from church is looking for a package like this; in fact I have a WTB thread asking for something like this. I'm going to see him tonight and I'll tell him about your rifle. Can you come down to Pineville for the transaction?

dww

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Grayson
    Yea, Pineville's just down the street a bit, It wouldn't be a problem. It's a heck of a deal for the price. He'll see when he takes a look at it.

dww

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Grayson
    It would be great for deer and hogs within resonable range. You can also use it for primitive hunting, so you can use it all year round. The 45-70 has killed a million buffalo, so there's not much in the America's it won't kill. Not sure I'd hunt Brown Bear with a single shot though.

dww

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Grayson
    Unless you got REALLY good with the reload.

The cartridge loops on the sling should help with the reloads but I still wouldn't try it.:)

I edited the the title to H&R. When I posted, I looked the end of the box and saw the NEF on there. The box end is stamped with both names and the gun is marked H&R. It is the Marlin era gun not the new Remington's. Shows you how many times I've actually taken it out of the box.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom