Had a trip to New Orleans Scheduled for this weekend, what should I do?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m4a34u

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2009
    Erath
    Three couples, including me and my wife, were supposed to have a little getaway this weekend It is our only second time getting away without the kids and were were looking forward to the outing. I have tried to find info on a timeline for river stages, but had no luck. We were staying a couple of blocks north of Burbon St., but don't know if we should go.

Big question, can I return home on monday, or will some interstate between Lafayette and N.O. be closed?

What would you do??

Thanks,

Bill

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Go to NOAA website and you can get all of the technical explanation a man could stomach.

BTW: the Super crest is next weekend!

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    :rofl: LOL! Both spillways will be open... don't think you'll have anything to worry about. If the water ever gets high enough to block the interstate, getting home will be the least of your worries!!! Besides, it will probably be less crowded around the quarter with other people thinking the same way. Plus, y'all can go check out the high water at the Riverfront (bring a camera). No need to cancel, go have fun!!! If you listen to the national media, this might be your last chance before the Mississippi wipes NOLA off the map! :noes: :run: :rolleyes:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Three couples, including me and my wife, were supposed to have a little getaway this weekend It is our only second time getting away without the kids and were were looking forward to the outing. I have tried to find info on a timeline for river stages, but had no luck. We were staying a couple of blocks north of Burbon St., but don't know if we should go.

Big question, can I return home on monday, or will some interstate between Lafayette and N.O. be closed?

What would you do??

Thanks,

Bill

What would I do? Go somewhere nicer than New Orleans. :dogkeke: j/k

Seriously, you should be GTG, but I'd consider leaving early, because every road into New Orleans will probably look like:
    pd2417528.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What would I do? Go somewhere nicer than New Orleans. :dogkeke: j/k

Seriously, you should be GTG, but I'd consider leaving early, because every road into New Orleans will probably look like:

I dunno, New Orleans has far less victims since Katrina. No news there! Just ask the people of the midwest!

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    From what I've read, the interstates won't be affected.
    La 1, would be closed for a few hours during the opening of the morganza, but only to ensure it's integrity, and would be opened soon afterward.
    Ya know, Biloxi/Gulfport have cleaned up thier beaches........

Top Bottom