handgun pictures thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    8F5D8697-C168-4809-8A44-7280DF1BBF8E_zpsejongqwq.jpg

Had the pleasure of shooting these over the weekend. Do I think it's worth 2300 for the salient? Absolutely not. Was the zev worth 1800? Nope but for the price my brother paid, I would have paid it any day of the week

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    Just finished upgrading my CZ SP-01 with all these Cajun Gun Works parts....have consistent 2.15 SA and 6.5 DA lbs trigger pull.
    • RP-TRS – Reduced power trigger return spring
    • TR-PIN – CGW Floating Trigger Pin
    • Race Hammer Kit with adjustable sear.
    • 1485/T2 – CGW Disconnector
    • SRS-1 – Short Reset System
    • 75060 – 304SS Guide Rod
    • 14-RS - #14 Recoil Spring (Gray)
    • 13-RS - #13 Recoil Spring (Green)
    • 61100 - Spring Steel Firing Pin retaining Pin
    • H-PIN – CGW’s super hard hammer strut & disconnector pins.
    929431_orig.jpg

9923742_orig.jpg

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    Also just finished the few upgrades to my new Glock 19 Gen 3.

Brass Stacker takedown
    Brass Stacker one piece guide rod
    lonewolf 3.5 connector
    lonewolf extended slide release
    meprolight green front and yellow rear night sights.

4675827_orig.jpg

_Big_Al_

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    Lafayette
    Just finished under cutting the trigger guard and stippling. with this pattern I can make it more aggressive in some places and less in others and blend both to there is not a nreally noticeable transistion line.

Attachments

• IMG_0102.JPG
      IMG_0102.JPG
      102.7 KB · Views: 174
    Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    8735a80019d8b0a6305e6dc75d01b369.jpg

Nothing really special- but I really like this new addition. A sweet shooter! Fit my hand even better than I expected. Controllable as hell.

Primary_Machine

We Know Custom
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2015
    Morgan City, LA
    i'd be interested to know who milled your slide for the reddit on your P-09.. it looks groovy

We did. lol

Here's a Sig P220 slide we're doing a bunch or work to at the moment. Added the front cocking serrations and the other slide lightening cuts. It's being cerakoated as I type this.

isNsrit.png

Also a Grand power K100 we just milled for a Burris FastFire III. These are tricky slides to mill for a red dot though.
    We assumed it would be a piece of cake as we've done quite a few CZ'S and the Grand Power seemed similar to the CZ platform.
    We were WRONG. The customer wanted us to mill out the rear dovetail in the process of milling for the FF III. No problem...until we got the slide in hand and saw that that wasn't going to be possible as Grand Power conveniently milled the FPB recess exactly where one of the mounting holes would fall out. Problem number two was that in order to get any sort of depth at all with the red dot, we were going to mill into the FPB recess. The only option was to now use the bottom of the FF III as the point where the FPB spring would rest against. I called the customer and explained the situation. He agreed that moving the sight in front of the rear dovetail was about the only option we had, along with using the FF III bottom as the FPB stop. We milled just deep enough that the bottom of the FF III was at the same depth as where the OEM FPB hole would have been, so as not to sacrifice ANY reliability as far as the guns function.

Also, you have to keep in mind that the way these guns have a huge tri-cut slide top on them, there is a gap between the bottom of the red dot and the slide on the edges. It is 100% impossible to mill deep enough down to not have that gap for two reasons. One - the FPB would no longer work - at all. Two - you would mill strait through the factory lightening slots Grand Power does in that area from the factory.
    Here's a pic after we refinished the slide in Gold Cerakote:
    WrHc69k.jpg

Last edited:

Primary_Machine

We Know Custom
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2015
    Morgan City, LA
    Not enough pics being posted. Guess I'll add more. ;)
    Sig P220 back together after we added front cocking serrations and the other slide cuts as well as fresh cerakote on the slide, frame, barrel, and misc parts.

sFt2dpO.jpg

Top Bottom