Handheld brass catchers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    Ok I don't know where to post this. I've searched the internet and see homemade brass catchers that people set up next to them when they're at the range so that their brass doesn't go away free to someone else. I collect my brass which was easy since I just had a 7shot revolver. I now have an autoloader so brass retrieval will be more difficult especially if I'm in a central lane.

Anyone use those handheld catchers? I saw one being used years ago. Normally I opt for a cheaper alternative such as homemade but if there's something relatively cheap and easier to use then I might buy off the shelf.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    A HANDHELD brass catcher?? I'm pretty sure you can pick one up at any hardware or sporting goods store for cheap. Convince the kids that it's a game to use it to catch the ejected brass and you're good to go. Otherwise you'll need to train a bit to shoot with one hand and catch the brass while operating your HANDHELD brass catcher with the other.

121.jpg

Last edited:

HitNmiss

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    norco,la
    I have actually thinking the same thing.as far as portability and cheap I thought a small fishnet that pet stores use.dont think it will mess up your grip.havent tried it but just a thought

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I like what chaser has on his AR, a brass deflector. It drops brass down right beside the rifle when shooting prone, probably work fine using a benchrest too. MidwayUSA has them.

Bam Bam

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    Curious how to mount such a device to my hand or gun or both. As I said I saw someone who had it "in his hand" so no matter where he pointed or moved the net stayed with his pistol.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I've seen a guy at shooters use one once, square net with a hand strap. He had it in his right hand to collect the brass. Was thinking about getting one but think it might change my grip.

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    I've seen a guy at shooters use one once, square net with a hand strap. He had it in his right hand to collect the brass. Was thinking about getting one but think it might change my grip.
    I'm curious about that as well. If I can get to the range and not have anyone to my right then I can collect as it fall, but that's not usually the case.

Top Bottom