Handloaded 300 BLK cost

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    I did some figuring and my hand cast 150g powder coated rounds are costing about $2.22 / 20 rounds. That will get my son alot of trigger time before next hunting season.

ajridgedell

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 9, 2015
    Loranger, La
    yeah, no doubt casting my own bullets for 300blk has afforded me more trigger time with an AR while making me feel cooler than an ar with a .22lr conversion. Its become my go-to plinking rifle for sure!

Geauxfish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I'm estimating that i'm going about $.35-.40/ round using the Hornady SSTs. I was wondering the powder coated rounds could be used for 1900 fps or if the OP has issues with leading.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    The other day a fellow asked me if I saved money reloading ? I told him the truth....No , not really, but you do wind up shooting more after the cost of equipment and supplies are factored in. I just wish the companies would stop coming out with new, improved, got-to-have , tools, gadgets, gizmo's and all manner of measuring devices....I have been buying reloading stuff since 1967 and still keep finding things I "can't do without".
    Now that I think about it ...you don't save any money at all, but it is a fun hobby.
    Gary

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    You can save a lot of money if you shoot enough.

Yes , that and if you don't keep spending money on the latest tools. My downfall is bullet moulds, I keep finding new ones to try...and Lee's $20.00 double cavities are just addictive...I need an intervention!
    Gary

Top Bottom