Harriet Tubman to replace Andrew Jackson on $20 bill

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    What is another damning indictment...

The most searched question on Google today...
    "Who is Harriet Tubman?"

That is pretty disturbing to me that so many people have no clue who she is and have to search for her on the web.

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    Easy fix , but i would never do it ....

pen__0004_sharpie_mark.jpg

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    It said they will announce extra funding to print the new notes faster to remove the "old" ones from circulation faster. The time frame they have used for the pat 3 $20 bill revamps isn't good enough this time. What makes it even more od is that no new security features are to be implemented (unless of course they are secret). It would seem nothing more than the face is what is rushing the printing.

This is 150% nothing more than politics.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Pretty soon they will want Washington and Jefferson off of currency because they owned slaves. Kicking Jackson off the $20 because of his involvement with Native Americans is absurd. This reminds me of the movement to tear down the statues in New Orleans.

Agreed! That is how I feel about the matter also.. I think they could have found someone better than Tubman for sure but, the real issue for me is taking Andrew Jackson (an American hero in my opinion) off of the bill... It's a slap in the face.

_Big_Al_

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    Lafayette
    With all the problems that our Treasury department has, i.e. counterfeiting, how does he justify spending not only time and public resources on this but more MONEY to make it happen quicker? Why is the current schedule not good enough? whose is this guy appeasing specifically? Who proposed or whined for this to happen specifically? The bulls#!t flag has to be thrown out at some point.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So I guess we can expect a shockwave of racial harmony to sweep across the nation as a result? This could be the slavery reminder that breaks the back of racism, once and for all! :cheers:

Thanks Obama! :rockon::rockon:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom