Harris Bipods

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Does the pod lock come with them are does it have to be purchased seperately?
    I think they run $90 from just about everyone. I like dealing with Donnie at BirRiverTactical http://www.bigrivertactical.com/page/page/4211570.htm I've never really priced the Pod Locks so I don't what a good price on them is, hell I don't even know what they are used for. I do know when I am at the range shootin my pod does come loose.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    +1 for donnie. I've ordered from him several times and will continue to do so.

In regards to the pod lock, it's basically a handle you can use to lock/unlock the swivel feature on the swivel bipods as opposed to having to use a tool. You have to buy those separately but Donnie does sell those as well.

Danny

USMC DM
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2007
    NE Louisiana
    Thanks guys. I will check him out.

I plan to get a set of Pod Claws in the near future, if you haven't seen them find them on snipershide.com. Look very good for ground shooting.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    On mine the circular thing you tinghten that is attached to the stud come loose I mean real loose when I shoot. Is this normal? It there a way to keep it tight?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    On mine the circular thing you tinghten that is attached to the stud come loose I mean real loose when I shoot. Is this normal? It there a way to keep it tight?

I'd try some lock-tite. Make sure you get the right one (don't remember the color) so you can actually remove it later if nessary.

L

Louis Phillips

Get a Pod-Loc made by KMW and be done with the "circular thingy you tighten". I've got 2 of the above mentioned Harris bipods with leg notches and they both wear a Pod-Loc. LRA usually has that Harris in stock. Might call and have them hold you one if you plan on driving there anyway. The locks retail for about $26 I think. They are not included in the average $90 cost of the Harris.

Danny

USMC DM
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2007
    NE Louisiana
    Thanks guys I orders some rings from Donnie and got them in about 2 days. Looking at getting the bipods from him also.

3wbdriver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2007
    Leesville
    I'd try some lock-tite. Make sure you get the right one (don't remember the color) so you can actually remove it later if nessary.

Blue or purple loctite. Low strength for maintenance, but vibration proof.

For the love of God, stay away from the red if you ever expect to take it back off!!!

:D

Top Bottom