Harsh life realities that millennials need to understand.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Awesome my favorite maybe #6. I don't know #2 really hit hard too. Hell I can't decide I'll take one from all the helocopter parents that made these snowflakes who they are. They are all my favorite. :rofl:

Sniper56

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    My daughter is a millennial who has been working part time while going to school. She knows some of these children who think they are owed something. I am so proud of her because she has said, "what's wrong with these people, mamma and daddy are picking up the tab, gave them a car and what are they studying, useless majors like Art, Community Relations or Women's Studies". I wonder what kind of job they will get when they graduate.

She is learning the world does not care about her feelings but rather can she get a job done. Her Mom and I raised her with common sense and reality.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    My daughter is a millennial who has been working part time while going to school. She knows some of these children who think they are owed something. I am so proud of her because she has said, "what's wrong with these people, mamma and daddy are picking up the tab, gave them a car and what are they studying, useless majors like Art, Community Relations or Women's Studies". I wonder what kind of job they will get when they graduate.

She is learning the world does not care about her feelings but rather can she get a job done. Her Mom and I raised her with common sense and reality.

Sounds like good parenting to me. I am a firm believer there is power in teaching a kid to work hard and earn what you want. I wish there were at least another 100 million parents who thought the same way.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

Good on you and your wife! Sounds to me like y'all have a good kiddo.

I'm currently going through the same with my nephew. He's a millennial, who has divorced parents with multiple siblings now after they remarried. He was never shown much attention being the oldest, but he's not stupid like the typical millennial. He's received scholarships to UL, LSU, and Southeastern. He's a good kid and keeps up his grades, but his friends are the ones that I worry about. I try to make it a point to tell him to do what is best for him and ignore the poor choices his friends may potentially make. So far there haven't been any issues, but he is smart enough to understand why Killary and her cohorts are nothing to support.

Creoleman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Metairie,La.

Good for her! As I always say, Parent is a VERB. And all of us "older" folks should be careful of painting an entire generation with too broad a brush. I run into some really good, level-headed and responsible kids, not all the time, but fairly often.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge

Well done!

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Good on you and your wife! Sounds to me like y'all have a good kiddo.

I'm currently going through the same with my nephew. He's a millennial, who has divorced parents with multiple siblings now after they remarried. He was never shown much attention being the oldest, but he's not stupid like the typical millennial. He's received scholarships to UL, LSU, and Southeastern. He's a good kid and keeps up his grades, but his friends are the ones that I worry about. I try to make it a point to tell him to do what is best for him and ignore the poor choices his friends may potentially make. So far there haven't been any issues, but he is smart enough to understand why Killary and her cohorts are nothing to support.

Aren't we technically millennials? lol. that's how this works, right?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Aren't we technically millennials? lol. that's how this works, right?

I suppose I was wrong then. I was always under the impression Millennials were kids born after 1991ish. I'd hate to be 34 years old and someone call me a Millennial.

"The millennial generation is the generation of children born between 1982 and 2002, some 81 million children who have taken over K-12, have already entered college and the workforce. This generation will replace the Baby-boomers as they retire."

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Yea, I knew the millennial term encompasses somewhere around the 30 year old mark. But think about it, there are 'kids' older than us who are whiny social leeches who blog about social justice while crying over their liberal arts degrees.

the baby boomer thing is funny. I saw a post about that one day, an SJW was ranting about how it was time for the old folks to get out of the workforce so he could move up. All I could wonder was what exactly he offered to the workforce to deserve such promotion. I'm guessing nothing, as most of us (millennials) don't.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom