Has anyone tried one of these polymer lowers?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sesameball

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    Plaquemine
    These are actually composite materials, e.g. carbon fiber or refractory in a polymer matrix. This gives a material that is both hard and tough. I got to handle one of these at the second-to-last BR gun show, and they are very tough, very light...and not ridiculously expensive. I think they fill the Cav-Arms niche nicely, and would be a great choice for a light-tactical rig--e.g. with a carbon forward, pencil bbl, etc. The rifle I checked out was *very* light, and pointed well.

Ses.

5.45 Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Evansville, IN.
    A regular lower is only 8-9oz how does a plastic one make it a pound less?

The only part that is steel in the Plum Crazy lower is the bolt catch, the rest of it is composite material that is how it is a full pound less.

I bought one of these lowers just to test and see how fast it falls apart.
    But to my surprise it looks to be a solid lower not bad at all it has about a 6# trigger pull & very light weight.
    91ds06.jpg

11j3xat.jpg

I have over 1000rds through this gun in the last 3 months and have tested it in just about every way I could think of & short of abusing it the only problem I could find was, when I over oiled it the trigger got gritty after a few hundred rounds fired. It was fixed by blasting it out with Gun Blaster & blow dry with compressed air. This lower works best dry, don't oil or lube it in any way.
    I wouldn't trust it to be a self defense weapon, it is a solid lower as far as a plinking, hobby type shooting goes.

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    The only part that is steel in the Plum Crazy lower is the bolt catch, the rest of it is composite material that is how it is a full pound less.

I bought one of these lowers just to test and see how fast it falls apart.
    But to my surprise it looks to be a solid lower not bad at all it has about a 6# trigger pull & very light weight.
    91ds06.jpg

11j3xat.jpg

I have over 1000rds through this gun in the last 3 months and have tested it in just about every way I could think of & short of abusing it the only problem I could find was, when I over oiled it the trigger got gritty after a few hundred rounds fired. It was fixed by blasting it out with Gun Blaster & blow dry with compressed air. This lower works best dry, don't oil or lube it in any way.
    I wouldn't trust it to be a self defense weapon, it is a solid lower as far as a plinking, hobby type shooting goes.

I wonder if these same words were once said about the Glock?

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville

I guess I'm still confused.

How can something be 1lb lighter than 8oz (half a lb).

.5lb - 1lb = -.5lb

Last edited:
    Top Bottom