Hate the new marketplace

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

angrycookieman

Dec 27, 2009
    Central Louisiana near Pitkin
    I just wanted to say that I hate that no one can post on ads anymore. This may have been discussed already, but I often found questions and comments useful. If I just wanted to view ads I would pick up a newspaper. If someone can't follow the rules, punish them, not everyone. That's my rant for the day:/

11Bravo

Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Seems like most do as well. Unfortunately majority does not rule here. It's OK though, the powers that be are happy. It's "simplified"! #inbeforethe"nooneforcesyoutobehere"comments

Last edited:

11Bravo

Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    quit bitchin. Its done this way everywhere. lol

Lol right. "I volunteered to be a moderator, but you guys have to realize, this is not a full time job. I have no time to moderate between my 'stache trimmings, uber hardcore range sessions (broke a sweat once), and watching all my DVR'd episodes of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman."

chad

Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Lol right. "I volunteered to be a moderator, but you guys have to realize, this is not a full time job. I have no time to moderate between my 'stache trimmings, uber hardcore range sessions (broke a sweat once), and watching all my DVR'd episodes of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman."

Wow. I'd really prefer if you don't post up quotes of me from our private text conversations.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    I hate it too, but my family gets to see me more, so yeah even they hate it too. I used to be able to spend hours of quality time on there, now I spend more time on other forums,....

11Bravo

Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Wow. I'd really prefer if you don't post up quotes of me from our private text conversations.

:chuckles:

Hated to out you bro, but you're getting to be a little too much to handle. I've run out of booze and lost my Kansas cassette. My weekend is ruined.

SpeedRacer

Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    There's forty-three (43) other subforums on Bayoushooter to discuss all kinds of things (even guns). The marketplace was never intended to be a discussion forum. It was allowed anyway provided people could follow a couple simple rules, which despite our best efforts just didn't happen.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    There's forty-three (43) other subforums on Bayoushooter to discuss all kinds of things (even guns). The marketplace was never intended to be a discussion forum. It was allowed anyway provided people could follow a couple simple rules, which despite our best efforts just didn't happen.

I know why it's the way it is. I don't care.

I don't like it. You can't make me.

I blame bs875.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    What if you were able to allow the OP in a marketplace thread the ability to delete posts in a thread that they create. This would allow for comments in the thread but would also allow the OP to police the thread himself and take the burden off the mods. Just a thought.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Oh, I don't know. It seems like the number of actual discussions has increased a little bit.

Maybe a pre-formatted form for the initial sales post would help? Insert photo here, location, price...

Cochise

is not here
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Like everything else in the world, a few idiots ruined it for everybody. I don't like it either.

You guys keep saying "this is how it is on every other forum"; I admit, I haven't been on that many forums, but the ones I have been on aren't like this.
    I know this isn't going to change back, it just always pisses me off when people are punished for the actions of others.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom