Hattiesburg Tornado Video

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I have been saying it for a few years now but I do think that the Tornado Ally that used to be in the Oklahoma,Texas,Kansas area has shifted over and is now further this way in Northeast Mississippi and Alabama and even Louisiana. So many tornados hitting around here in the last few years that it seems that it has shifted somehow.

blakegill66

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Metairie
    I have been saying it for a few years now but I do think that the Tornado Ally that used to be in the Oklahoma,Texas,Kansas area has shifted over and is now further this way in Northeast Mississippi and Alabama and even Louisiana. So many tornados hitting around here in the last few years that it seems that it has shifted somehow.

I have been saying the same, I think it is still in transition but it has definately shifted

Grim333

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Madisonvile, La.
    Really weird. I was in Hattiesburg Saturday afternoon and drove down Hardy Street as in the beginning of the video. The police car is traveling west to east. University of Southern Miss is to the left of Hardy St. You can see where the tornado begins to pass over the campus at about 2:30 in the video. The police car stopped right in front of the campus, although you can't see much of it. My mother is in a hospital just to the right of Hardy St; fortunately the tornado didn't touch there. My dad and my sister left the hospital just minutes after the tornado passed. He said they had a heck of a time getting thru all the debris to make their way home.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Farmerville
    I saw where it got ruled a F4! Wow! Injuries yes, but wow - no deaths.
    Talked to all my in laws in H-burg, they are all good.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Lots of damage- but it's a miracle that no lives were lost with a tornado that size moving through a populated area....Sure am glad to hear you guys' families are all okay.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom