Have you ever bought something from someone just to meet them?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yeah, so, the LSU game was in the afternoon, wife went on a girl's night out, and I'm at home bored. Recipe for a stupid post worthy of a Seinfeld episode.

Have any of you ever actually, and I mean really, bought something from someone on this board just to get the chance to meet them and see who they are in person? I admit, I have thought about that several times and came close, but have never actually done it. I did sell something to Leadfoot once that he posted as a WTB, and in person, he did in fact drive a vehicle that was worthy of the screen-name.

I'd love to see a poll about who is the most 'wanted' member to meet if someone knows how to do a poll. I'm honestly too lazy to figure that out, so the comments will be enough for me.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Yeah, so, the LSU game was in the afternoon, wife went on a girl's night out, and I'm at home bored. Recipe for a stupid post worthy of a Seinfeld episode.

Have any of you ever actually, and I mean really, bought something from someone on this board just to get the chance to meet them and see who they are in person? I admit, I have thought about that several times and came close, but have never actually done it. I did sell something to Leadfoot once that he posted as a WTB, and in person, he did in fact drive a vehicle that was worthy of the screen-name.

I'd love to see a poll about who is the most 'wanted' member to meet if someone knows how to do a poll. I'm honestly too lazy to figure that out, so the comments will be enough for me.
    Leadfoot changes cars too much to keep up with now LOL

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    Not really. For the most part, and I don't understand why, but the people on this forum in my experience seem to be brutally honest when expressing their feelings and opinions. They seem to show who they really are. Over the last 10+ years on this forum, I've met maybe 8/10 people, and as said before, they were all stand up/good individuals. That's not to say, there are a few select members that seem to me, are the know it all, nose in the air, I'm better than you type, that I do not wish to meet, and refuse to do so under any circumstances. Between chance meetings in stores, days at the range, etc... I'm sure I've met probably 50+ members from this forum, and just didn't realize they were members as well.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I've met 100+people from BS over the years. Can't say that I bought anything for that purpose, but I have had fun/good conversations with almost all of them even when we disagree on things online. Most people here are decent and well intended at worst, and some are great!

Richard Michael

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2021
    Walker, La.
    I have been to Range USA with 2 members on here and had a great time. Why not just post a date/time for a meetup. We show up with various guns, talk, socialize and shoot.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Buy something just to meet somebody here? That sounds just a little suspect…
    1685925310610.gif

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    It was meant to inspire some conversation.

And not gonna lie, you were one of the people I had in mind when I posted this. I will admit, your conversations on this site have been interesting.
    I met Magdump last year when I bought a couple optics from him. Was pretty brief, as I met him at his work, but a good guy.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I've sold stuff/meet numerous guys from here and after the fact thought he was a pretty cool fellow, but never to just meet someone. I did buy a AR part from Donny Miculek (Jerry's brother) and was excited to have done that, but I'm easily impressed! lol

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    Shhhhheeeiiit! I know all you guys come to GGW just to buy something and see me!
    Im confident I met you a few years ago. You were buying something from me. Don't remember what though. I believe I remember you riding a dual sport bike, and meeting me in Albertsons Parking lot on Belle Chasse Hwy

Top Bottom