Hazmat Highway to Hell

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Good film but they were way too close. They should be a half mile away.

Acetylene makes sense but I would have thought that it burns with more smoke, like at the very last. I think it is a very good guess. Note that the cylinders were not secured.

I would love to see the accident report.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    http://jalopnik.com/watch-a-russian-propane-truck-explode-36-freaking-times-1077362488

They had this up a little while ago, this is the full length video. LNG was the gas I believe.

Prolly propane or butane for heating.

That would make more sense given the pressure and the way the stuff was burning.

Does anyone know if there is an app for an android that one could put the placard number in and find out what the material placarded is?

That would be really handy.

Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur
    That is acetylene exploding. The cylinder spinning on the ground is an oxygen cylinder. O2 provides intense flame and High pressure release. Acetylene is super volatile as it needs acetone to act as a buffer in the cylinder or it would go boom even if the cylinder was knocked over or dropped a From a short height. The acetylene is being ignited and blowing apart the acetylene cylinders They should be way the f back.....as the structural integrity of either the cylinder or valve is comprised they will explode and send shrapnel or the cylinder itself flying in god knows what direction.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Thats a really cool video....But also scary as hell for anyone close to it. Kind of makes me realize that there is an upside to government regulations. Like anything...its a double edged sword. Every business hates to have these regulations directed towards them....But this video shows the other side of a lax regulatory environment. It looks like the tanks were just standing up loose in the back of the truck....And the sides of the truck look like they were just plywood. Those tanks immediately came out...And the impact of the crash really wasn't that bad IMO.

Last edited:

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom