Hb 199???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie Xray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Carry on the church ground and if arrested have the priest/pastor etc... decline to press charges.

Sounds good. My pastor would not press charges. Can you cite law or examples? I have been poking through Lacarry.org and coming up empty.

CX

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Nope. I can't see the Law going on a churches property to just check for someone carrying illegal. Now if it is a cult, live on a ridge or if they want to take your kids that they will do and make you fight them in court to get your kids back.

Is there a way someone can be deputized or something similar for a specific location thus giving them the right to carry at a church?

I'm pretty sure there was a pastor on here a while back trying to figure out how he could carry at his own church. Not sure if he figured it out though.

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    Nope. I can't see the Law going on a churches property to just check for someone carrying illegal. Now if it is a cult, live on a ridge or if they want to take your kids that they will do and make you fight them in court to get your kids back.

Is there a way someone can be deputized or something similar for a specific location thus giving them the right to carry at a church?

I'm pretty sure there was a pastor on here a while back trying to figure out how he could carry at his own church. Not sure if he figured it out though.

there is some type of parish permit that you can get. however, it is only valid in the parish it is issued.

AfterShock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    any word on it folks? I just got back from work

It has not been heard yet. They spent all afternoon debating that income tax repeal and just started on senate bills. It is still being webcast but if your home yet you can pick it up on Cox cable channel 20 at home. There is a long list of bills before HB-199 so I'm not sure if they are going to get to it today or not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cruisewitro
    Top Bottom