HB 200: Repeals the prohibition on ... certain knives and similar instruments

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    It might be one of those deals where it goes in effect Aug. 1 or Jan 1 Someone will know on here

I'm just speculating, but you know nothing is ever that easy. Bill is signed off by the legislators (I guess they DO do something now and then ....) but need Johnny Boy to sign for official approval. He hasn't picked a side as of yet, so he'll have to make up his feeble mind between worrying about not offending illegals and Alton Sterling's people. You now - typical John bel.... :confused:

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    According to this website ...

Since the legislature is still in session, the governor has 10 days to either sign or veto the bill. If he doesn't do anything, the bill becomes law on the 11th day and, I believe, becomes effective on August 1.

I show the bill as having been sent to the governor on 5/11, so let's all circle 5/22 on our calendars!

Mike

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs

Since the legislature is still in session, the governor has 10 days to either sign or veto the bill. If he doesn't do anything, the bill becomes law on the 11th day and, I believe, becomes effective on August 1.

I show the bill as having been sent to the governor on 5/11, so let's all circle 5/22 on our calendars!

Mike

Good info. I was trying to find that a couple days ago. We should all know that stuff from school but it’s been too long..

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La

Mike

So, today is the day. Please post If anyone hears anything.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Section 18.(A) Gubernatorial Action. If the governor does not approve a bill, he may veto it. A bill, except a joint resolution, shall become law if the governor signs it or if he fails to sign or veto it within ten days after delivery to him if the legislature is in session on the tenth day after such delivery, or within twenty days after delivery if the tenth day after delivery occurs after the legislature is adjourned.

Not sure if it's 10 days on this because they were in session when they sent ot or 20 days since they are not in regular session after 10 days....

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Section 18.(A) Gubernatorial Action. If the governor does not approve a bill, he may veto it. A bill, except a joint resolution, shall become law if the governor signs it or if he fails to sign or veto it within ten days after delivery to him if the legislature is in session on the tenth day after such delivery, or within twenty days after delivery if the tenth day after delivery occurs after the legislature is adjourned.

Not sure if it's 10 days on this because they were in session when they sent ot or 20 days since they are not in regular session after 10 days....

Good question ... maybe we wait 10 more days before declaring victory? With everything else going on, I doubt Edwards will care about this bill.

Mike

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Me either, haven't heard anything from Knife Rights either.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Knife Rights has had it in their latest news section on their front page dating back to April 5.
    654c4fd786e3b199bde21ea7f227d66a.jpg

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Alfred92
    Top Bottom