HB43

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    From my email I received from the Rep. today. This woman is something. And she has her CCP and my car is an extension of her home. I should emailed her back but she's a lost cause. I could tell her to look up the CCP section in the phone book.

Our Concealed Carry laws exclude US! First my gun is real and I am not a student/ my car is an extension of my home therefore it is legal for me to have my gun with me in. Now are our schools " Gun Free Zones?" Yes for all Non-Certified people. Well except for our Deputies: Commissioned officers and our Principals and those who have been given permission to have a Real Gun with them on a school Campus are exempt as the bill states, along with many other common sense exemptions.

All of our Concealed Carry Laws are still in play/ this bill does not change one of them!

I am a 2nd Amendment Activist and have my own CCP/

This bill is only in the very rough stage and again, is being reviewed by our NRA Rep. This proposal has a long way to go and most likely will be Amended in Committee.

Respectfully,

Dodie Horton

District 9

met7881

Former Yankee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    mandeville,La.
    If Ms. Horton is truly a second amendment supporter she would propose legislation to eliminate GUN FREE zones. Gun Free zones are nothing but feel good laws. Has Gun Free zones ever prevented shooting from occurring by non-law abiding citizens. The answer is NO.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Poor Pre-K kids getting busted and going to jail since there's no age listed in her bill.

Any person convicted of the proposed law offense is subject to the following penalties:
    (1) On a first offense violation, the offender may be imprisoned for not more than six months,
    fined $250, or both.
    (2) On a second or subsequent violation, the offender shall be imprisoned for not more than six
    months and fined $500.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    If Ms. Horton is truly a second amendment supporter she would propose legislation to eliminate GUN FREE zones. Gun Free zones are nothing but feel good laws. Has Gun Free zones ever prevented shooting from occurring by non-law abiding citizens. The answer is NO.

Absolutely! Criminals and violent crime perps DO NOT follow the laws. They do as they damned well please. Feel good law is right.

thomas0792

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Northshore, Louisiana
    The bill obviously relates to "imitation guns and ammunition", so why do we think this has anything to do with real guns and ammunition? I'm confused.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    The bill obviously relates to "imitation guns and ammunition", so why do we think this has anything to do with real guns and ammunition? I'm confused.

http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/ViewDocument.aspx?d=1023488
    B. For purposes of this Section:
    (1) "Ammunition" means any cartridge, shell, or projectile designed for use
    in a firearm.

That doesn't sound like imitation ammunition to me.
    By the definition in the bill a cartridge, shell casing, or bullet in your pocket, briefcase, backpack, etc. when you pick up you kid from school would be illegal if you got out of the vehicle with it.

There are plenty of other issues with this bill.

If you live within 1000 ft of a school, little 9 year old Johnny can play with his bb, airsoft, or other realistic gun in the yard, but if he crossed the street to little Billy's house, he can get 6 months in jail.

21 year old Tommy likes to play airsoft on the weekend while he is in college.
    Has an airsoft gun or even airsoft bbs in his dorm or apartment. 6 months in the big house.

I'm not LEO or an attorney, but I'm pretty sure pulling a fake gun and pointing it at an officer is already illegal.
    That's what she claims she is trying to prevent.
    If not let's make that a law. A narrow law.

thomas0792

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Northshore, Louisiana
    http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/ViewDocument.aspx?d=1023488

That doesn't sound like imitation ammunition to me.
    By the definition in the bill a cartridge, shell casing, or bullet in your pocket, briefcase, backpack, etc. when you pick up you kid from school would be illegal if you got out of the vehicle with it.

There are plenty of other issues with this bill.

If you live within 1000 ft of a school, little 9 year old Johnny can play with his bb, airsoft, or other realistic gun in the yard, but if he crossed the street to little Billy's house, he can get 6 months in jail.

21 year old Tommy likes to play airsoft on the weekend while he is in college.
    Has an airsoft gun or even airsoft bbs in his dorm or apartment. 6 months in the big house.

I'm not LEO or an attorney, but I'm pretty sure pulling a fake gun and pointing it at an officer is already illegal.
    That's what she claims she is trying to prevent.
    If not let's make that a law. A narrow law.
    Hmm, you're right, too many wording issues and circumstantial infringments that aren't clarified.

thomas0792

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Northshore, Louisiana
    The whole thing is kind of dumb anyways. What kid is really pulling toy guns on cops at school? I thought there was a law against this already anyways, when I was growing up it was pretty much understood you didn't play around about toy guns at school. I think this lady just wanted to pass any law she could for notoriety so she came up with one that's obviously a no-brainer, but needs to amended to campus only, maybe give them 50-100ft.

Top Bottom