HB494

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I am curious what Nate said. Maybe it would help others to.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It's like this. We can all use more. I know what I've done, and what I've experienced in my career and I want to be better.

The same approach I've taken towards my quest to get into better shape has crossed over into this.

We should all have the desire to perform well, no matter what it is.

JR1572

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Remember concealed means concealed, none of us know how many people without permits are walking around carrying, both criminals and non criminals. I know several women who have carried a gun in their purse all their lives, long before there was any permit system. Just about anyone who is law abiding and doesn't go looking for trouble is very unlikely to be caught carrying legal or otherwise.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Remember concealed means concealed, none of us know how many people without permits are walking around carrying, both criminals and non criminals. I know several women who have carried a gun in their purse all their lives, long before there was any permit system. Just about anyone who is law abiding and doesn't go looking for trouble is very unlikely to be caught carrying legal or otherwise.

yup. unfortunately the one thing liberals and leos somehow see eye to eye on is the myth that licenses or registrations have any impact on criminals whatsoever.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery, all day, every day.

For the untrained idiots, Darwinism will thin that herd. For those who continue to seek training, they carry the upper hand in a gun fight. Luck favors the prepared.
    I can get behind this statement.
    Hell I remember all the fear of blood running in the streets when concealed carry was proposed and that never happened. I'm almost certain it won't be much ofa problem with this either. The up side of this law is the ordinary citizen will be able to defend themselves and family without the fear of breaking the law by carrying a concealed weapon.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Honest question: what % of concealed carry violations are from the population of people that

1) are NOT charged with felon in possession
    2) are not in commission of a crime at the time that their ccw was discovered

if its less than squat, current chp laws only hurt the good guys. period.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    yup. unfortunately the one thing liberals and leos somehow see eye to eye on is the myth that licenses or registrations have any impact on criminals whatsoever.

I wouldn't paint LEOs with such a broad brush. I know a good number of them up here and none of them think this way. This type of sheer stupidity is the exception, not the rule.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I wouldn't paint LEOs with such a broad brush. I know a good number of them up here and none of them think this way. This type of sheer stupidity is the exception, not the rule.

I'm seeing it more and more often, but I'll agree because I desperately want to believe that.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

Some LEOs, probably the vast minority, think that way. In fact, I think that the percentage of LEOs who think that way is smaller than society in general. Even in this thread there are officers on both side of the fence.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I am curious what Nate said. Maybe it would help others to.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nate said: If you choose to carry a gun you owe it to yourself and your people to be technically and tactically competent in it's employment. Thats an open ended quest. Everybody can learn and everyone can get better. Saying your good enough is being dishonest with yourself. there are a ton of people here on the forum who tell themselves that lie everyday.

tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    I have taken a lot of classes/received a lot of training, and probably shoot more than most on this forum. And I still don't have a CHP. Why? Because I still don't think I am that good of a shot. I don't want to miss and hit an innocent bystander.

"You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!"

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I have taken a lot of classes/received a lot of training, and probably shoot more than most on this forum. And I still don't have a CHP. Why? Because I still don't think I am that good of a shot. I don't want to miss and hit an innocent bystander.

Confidence is key.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Even when I was a terrible shot, I carried concealed. Most self defense shootings are at a couple yards max, and I'd rather have a gun than not. Just because I can't shoot pennies at 30 yards doesn't mean I can't hit a 250lb thug at ten feet.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I'm pretty confident with a handgun. More than my rifle. But I can't tell you how many times I have done/seen it done by someone that the first shot out of a holster is a miss.

I get where you come from. You train to make that Shot but you have to be confident. You'll never fully fill that you can. And when you do you've also probably become complacent.

Top Bottom