HB494

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    the audacity of people posting in this thread is beyond me. how do you even get the words down then click "post"?

THERE ISNT ANYONE THAT SHOULDNT BE CARRYING. You guys sound awful liberal at the moment... "its good for us but it shouldnt be allowed for THOSE guys"

If you are afforded the rights of american citizenship, you have the right to carry a firearm. I think the average hillbilly in louisiana has the IQ of a toilet seat, but who am I to say he shouldn't have a gun? Who is piers morgan to say that *I* shouldn't have a gun?

The more these discussions come up, the more fearful I become of my fellow gun "peers"

I get the gist of what you are saying.. I agree..

killerkarl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    the audacity of people posting in this thread is beyond me. how do you even get the words down then click "post"?

THERE ISNT ANYONE THAT SHOULDNT BE CARRYING. You guys sound awful liberal at the moment... "its good for us but it shouldnt be allowed for THOSE guys"

If you are afforded the rights of american citizenship, you have the right to carry a firearm. I think the average hillbilly in louisiana has the IQ of a toilet seat, but who am I to say he shouldn't have a gun? Who is piers morgan to say that *I* shouldn't have a gun?

The more these discussions come up, the more fearful I become of my fellow gun "peers"

+1

Couldn't agree more, but I don't see it passing. However, I never thought we had a chance of getting rid of the tolls on the GNO Bridge either.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    +1

Couldn't agree more, but I don't see it passing. However, I never thought we had a chance of getting rid of the tolls on the GNO Bridge either.

There's always hope!

Louisiana constitutional carry next.

US Constitutional carry after?

Repeal of the Firearm Owners' Protection Act after that? One can only dream :)

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    I agree with madwabbit. You have to either agree with the concept of an individual right to keep and bear arms.........or you do not.

That means I also agree with Hitman's posted quote from Jefferson.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If you want this, you need to start pushing it with your Legislators and urge others to urge theirs.

Go viral! Facebook, Twitter, e-mail, etc..

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    If it did pass...Then it would clear up the Constitutional confusion over the recently passed .... “strict scrutiny” of any restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I am for this 100%. My only concern is this: Where would those who wish to exercise this right get the training and education? Perhaps we need to put this training back in school?
    The advantage of the permit process is that it encourages education on deadly force laws and gun safety.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Uh,OK. If i understand correctly what this law means then I think its a bad idea. I have a problem with allowing everyone to carry concealed. I think its perfectly acceptable to take a small class and fill out some paperwork. Yes criminals carry concealed illegally but when they are caught then they can be charged. Allowing everyone to carry concealed without any restrictions is a bad idea.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

I'll disagree with some of this. I think every law abiding citizen should have the right to carry. That doesn't mean I think everyone should carry. Some people just aren't equipped with the mental skills to carry or properly use a firearm. Some just don't want to deal with the thought of maybe needing to use said firearm. That shouldn't infringe on yours or my rights though.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Uh,OK. If i understand correctly what this law means then I think its a bad idea. I have a problem with allowing everyone to carry concealed. I think its perfectly acceptable to take a small class and fill out some paperwork. Yes criminals carry concealed illegally but when they are caught then they can be charged. Allowing everyone to carry concealed without any restrictions is a bad idea.

They really should teach firearms safety in schools. I'm also okay with CC classes provided the whole process is accessible to anyone who wants it.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    They really should teach firearms safety in schools. I'm also okay with CC classes provided the whole process is accessible to anyone who wants it.

Yep. I had it when I was in school and wish my son could do the same.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA

So Constitutional rights should only apply to some and with restrictions?
    Sorry but I can't agree with this logic.

If a criminal is committing a crime they should be arrested and charged.
    Until they commits a crime they should be allowed to exercise their constitutional rights, including the right to keep and bear arms, just like every other citizen. It's their constitutional right.

It concerns me when those empowered to protect our constitutional rights (elected officials, military, LEO, etc.) want to take them away and/or restrict them.

JMHO

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts

Until they commits a crime they should be allowed to exercise their constitutional rights, including the right to keep and bear arms, just like every other citizen. It's their constitutional right.

It concerns me when those empowered to protect our constitutional rights (elected officials, military, LEO, etc.) want to take them away and/or restrict them.

JMHO

Hear, Hear!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

JMHO

I'm all for everyone having firearms to protect themselves and form a militia like intended by the 2nd amendment. I'm not so inclined to take that logic and apply it to Joe blow carrying concealed.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I'm all for everyone having firearms to protect themselves and form a militia like intended by the 2nd amendment. I'm not so inclined to take that logic and apply it to Joe blow carrying concealed.

So you are fine with the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as long as people have to apply for a permit from the police to bear them and protect themselves outside of their home?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    So you are fine with the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as long as people have to apply for a permit from the police to bear them and protect themselves outside of their home?

To carry concealed? Yes.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom