HB495

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    If you don't like "retired" LEO being able to carry concealed, then think of it this way: They're now civilians, and they paid the fees for their carry permit in advance by serving an honorable career in public service. "Normal" civilians have to take a refresher course what, every 5 years? Retired LEO have to qualify annually to keep packin'.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    I didn't think so many people here would support the Judicial/legislative/executive branch establishing a special class of citizen. Anytime a law is created or revised to give someone else a higher reaching "right" as other law abiding citizens, it should cause at the very least debate.

Hundreds of laws on the books don't apply to special classes of citizens, like members of Congress.
    Simply put if you don't appose all laws that create such a class, then you can't appose any of them without hypocrisy.

Just my $.02 added to the $20 bill here. (some people seem to think they represent an easy $.50)

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    If you don't like "retired" LEO being able to carry concealed, then think of it this way: They're now civilians, and they paid the fees for their carry permit in advance by serving an honorable career in public service. "Normal" civilians have to take a refresher course what, every 5 years? Retired LEO have to qualify annually to keep packin'.

I agree with this the most. They did and must continue to do their part to conceal carry.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

And LEO normally qualify on their State P O S T Course rather than the State CHP Course. BIG Difference!
    A high percentage of the shooters with a CHP would fail the P O S T Course.

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    I didn't think so many people here would support the Judicial/legislative/executive branch establishing a special class of citizen. Anytime a law is created or revised to give someone else a higher reaching "right" as other law abiding citizens, it should cause at the very least debate.

Hundreds of laws on the books don't apply to special classes of citizens, like members of Congress.
    Simply put if you don't appose all laws that create such a class, then you can't appose any of them without hypocrisy.

Just my $.02 added to the $20 bill here. (some people seem to think they represent an easy $.50)
    +1 It's either a Constitutional Republic or its not. The Constitution either applies to everyone equally or it doesn't. That said you will never convince a gang of narcissist they are not special. The Hitler Youth was trained that they were special too. Surly they were afforded special carve outs that "came with the territory". Why would America be different?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    +1 It's either a Constitutional Republic or its not. The Constitution either applies to everyone equally or it doesn't. That said you will never convince a gang of narcissist they are not special. The Hitler Youth was trained that they were special too. Surly they were afforded special carve outs that "came with the territory". Why would America be different?

If you were to walk into the 19th Judicial District Court on North Blvd in Baton Rouge, you will have to walk through a set of metal detectors. When you get to the court rooms, you will see armed LEOs. Based on what you just posted, do you feel this is an example of unequal treatment that should be stopped? Or do you agree there are cases where special treatment for a specific group is justified?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Lol. Are we going to find somewhere that you attempted to be a LEO but failed? This is usually how this ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    Lol. Are we going to find somewhere that you attempted to be a LEO but failed? This is usually how this ends.

Haha is that how it goes? Nope not me bro. I never had the desire. Im the son of a fireman if anything I would have followed behind my dad. Considering the people that NOPD is giving a badge to these days.... I may be a tad bit over qualified.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Retired LEO must qualify yearly on a more stringent course of fire.
    Louisiana CHP holders must qualify every five years on an amusingly simple course of fire.

The only other difference is that CHP holders pay to carry.

*Patiently waits for the anti-police to argue*

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    If you were to walk into the 19th Judicial District Court on North Blvd in Baton Rouge, you will have to walk through a set of metal detectors. When you get to the court rooms, you will see armed LEOs. Based on what you just posted, do you feel this is an example of unequal treatment that should be stopped? Or do you agree there are cases where special treatment for a specific group is justified?
    Your rights should not stop at the building, so no.

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    Retired LEO must qualify yearly on a more stringent course of fire.
    Louisiana CHP holders must qualify every five years on an amusingly simple course of fire.

The only other difference is that CHP holders pay to carry.

*Patiently waits for the anti-police to argue*
    Should be fair across the board bub. All men being created equal and all.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Should be fair across the board bub. All men being created equal and all.

I agree. I wish all CHP holders didn't have to pay AND were required to complete yearly POST qualifications.

That way, more than half the CHP holders in the state wouldn't be allowed to carry guns, because they are too lazy to train.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I agree. I wish all CHP holders didn't have to pay AND were required to complete yearly POST qualifications.

That way, more than half the CHP holders in the state wouldn't be allowed to carry guns, because they are too lazy to train.

I actually had a guy come teach the course to my family and friends and I was shocked at the shooting part. I thought it was a warm up to the actual qualification.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I actually had a guy come teach the course to my family and friends and I was shocked at the shooting part. I thought it was a warm up to the actual qualification.

It's pitiful. An experienced shooter could burn down the course of fire in less than 30 seconds.

I have actually witnessed people fail the CHP course of fire.

6. Actual live range fire and proper handgun cleaning procedures:

a. Live range fire shall include 12 rounds each at 6 feet, 10 feet, and 15 feet for a total of 36rounds;

b. Each applicant or permittee must perform at least one safe reload of the handgun at eachdistance;

c. Each applicant or permittee must score 100% hits within the silhouette portion of a NRAB-27 Type silhouette target with at least 36 rounds.

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    It's pitiful. An experienced shooter could burn down the course of fire in less than 30 seconds.

I’m in the process of turning in my CHP instructor paperwork and I laughed at the course of fire.

Do most CHP instructors hold NRA certifications or POST Firearms Instructor certifications? I saw the prerequisites on the application and I was just wondering.

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana

Sounds so authoritarian of you....so you believe that the 2nd Amendment established a right not protects it?

Do police take an oath to defend the Constitution, or is the oath just for the parts they agree with? For the record Im not anti cop. If you are/were a cop you sound like the type that the Constitution was drafted to protect US against.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Sounds so authoritarian of you....so you believe that the 2nd Amendment established a right not protects it?

Do police take an oath to defend the Constitution, or is the oath just for the parts they agree with? For the record Im not anti cop. If you are/were a cop you sound like the type that the Constitution was drafted to protect US against.

Sounds so butthurt of you. You don't like what I have to say, because of what? It offends you? It doesn't agree with your mentality that the 2nd amendment is your God given right to conceal a machine gun? Yea... I suppose you don't pay taxes either.

Do you have a CHP?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

I’m glad you said you are not anti-cop, I was beginning to wonder after you called them a “gang of narcissist”. . I really wish people who are not fond of LE would just own it instead of saying a bunch of BS and then saying they are not anti-cop.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom