He Asked Biden the Hard Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    And I can not believe that he did, I never would have expected Philip DeFranco YouTube celebrity to ask that. I used to watch his stuff all the time and never figured him being unbiased.
    I'd shake his hand. I'm so in awe that he asked the hard question and backed it with the FBI stats...blows my mind.

Also, Biden's answers scare me a little bit. "Even though it solves a part of the problem..." :ohreally:

For mobile users a link: http://youtu.be/YdzPsey0KE4

Last edited:

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Gee lets take some of what Joe said; he can't see any need for 30rd mags. He wasn't around after Katrina. If you had a ten round mag you might fumble it and get caught with you pants down in a reload. So if WE are a victum of crime it's ok if we get screwed protecting ourselves with a ten round mag. He see no purpose of these guns. I don't see the purpose of, free cell phone or free housing or free food or free, well you get the picture but they got it. Joe thinks a double barrel shotgun is great then maybe he should man up and make the secret service that protects him carry double barrels. Bottom line him and Dianne and the rest of them are a bunch of ASSCLOWNS. It's time for the circus to leave town!

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Did he really screw up basic math?

"He had to swap out 4 or 5 times" - referring to how many 30 round magazines he loaded so 120-150 rounds

"If there was 10 shells in there he would have to swap out 30 times or uh uh 25 times"

Seriously? This is our VP? Wow...

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La

"He had to swap out 4 or 5 times" - referring to how many 30 round magazines he loaded so 120-150 rounds

"If there was 10 shells in there he would have to swap out 30 times or uh uh 25 times"

Stupid is, as stupid does. I know there are some people out there that lack decent math skills, but that "guesstiment" was, well, something you would expect from a 2nd or 3rd grader....just makes you feel so confident about our country's future and the ignorant fools that are guiding us further and further away from the light.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

You caught that too. I forgot to also mention math skills. Among other things.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Deminution? 8:41 Old Joe need to go spend a night at the Holiday Inn so he can actually have knowledge of what he is talking about. The sheeple are listening and believing what this fool is saying. :doh:

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    The worst case of police officers being outgunned by criminals happened while the Clinton Federal AWB was in effect. The North Hollywood Shootout. Not to mention that the criminals were also in violation of the 1989 California Assault Weapon Control Act... it wasn't until after that when LEO's nationwide, generally started carrying patrol rifles.

Since he couldn't disagree with the fact that these firearms account for far fewer deaths than others, he tries to make it seem like the AWB's are because of the police being outgunned.. as if. Disgusting.

Othermatt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I posted on the video to see if the guy did any research on the facts VP Biden was bringing up, Slate.com has a csv file for download listing the "1200 gun deaths since Newtown" that he mentioned with links to the new stories about them. I don't have time to sort through them right now, but what I was curious of is how many of those were shot by police officers? Not picking on the police, but in a 6 week period, in a population of ~336million, that's a little under 29/day (0.0000086%), even if all of those were lawfully law enforcement shootings, it doesn't really sound like an outrageous number. Not to mention lawful self-defense shootings. 13,293 (0.004%) people die everyday from smoking. So, if we took lawful shootings out of the 29/day, I'm really curious what we're left with.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    FBI Releases 2011 Statistics on Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted
    Washington, D.C.
    November 19, 2012

FBI National Press Office
    (202) 324-3691

Circumstances: Of the 72 officers feloniously killed, 23 were killed in arrest situations, 15 were ambushed, 11 were involved in performing traffic pursuits/stops, nine were involved in tactical situations, and seven were answering disturbance calls. Five of the slain officers were investigating suspicious persons/circumstances; one was conducting an investigative activity, such as surveillance, searches, or interviews; and one officer was killed while transporting or maintaining the custody of prisoners.

Weapons: Offenders used firearms to kill 63 of the 72 victim officers. Of these 63 officers, 50 were slain with handguns, seven with rifles, and six with shotguns. Six officers were killed with vehicles used as weapons. Two victim officers were killed with personal weapons (hands, fists, feet, etc.). One officer was killed with a knife or other cutting instrument.

Suspects: Law enforcement agencies identified 77 alleged assailants in connection with the 72 felonious line-of-duty deaths. Sixty-four of the assailants had prior criminal arrests, and 17 of the offenders were under judicial supervision at the time of the felonious incidents.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/pr...law-enforcement-officers-killed-and-assaulted

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I posted on the video to see if the guy did any research on the facts VP Biden was bringing up, Slate.com has a csv file for download listing the "1200 gun deaths since Newtown" that he mentioned with links to the new stories about them. I don't have time to sort through them right now, but what I was curious of is how many of those were shot by police officers? Not picking on the police, but in a 6 week period, in a population of ~336million, that's a little under 29/day (0.0000086%), even if all of those were lawfully law enforcement shootings, it doesn't really sound like an outrageous number. Not to mention lawful self-defense shootings. 13,293 (0.004%) people die everyday from smoking. So, if we took lawful shootings out of the 29/day, I'm really curious what we're left with.

I think Biden is using the stats from 2009....Which I think is the most recent FBI stats released.

http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/data/table_01.html

So...I think all he does is take the 2009 stats of 15,000 firearm deaths and divides by 12. Very rough and loose numbers IMO. Of those 15,000...I think suicides are included.
    His arguments is weak. Gun control does not work. All one has to do is to look at Australia and UK since they banned firearms. Crime has increased....especially rape and home invasions.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Easier to shoot something with a shotgun than a rifle... check.

4 x 30 = 25 x 10 ... check.

40 clips to a magazine... check.

One to two minutes to change a magazine... check.

:doh:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You buzz kills! Always trying to diminsih the phony liberal agenda with facts! Stop wasting your time! They(scumbag democrat politicians), don't care whether they are right or wrong, nor whether they are actually accomplishing anything!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom