Hello from Lafayette LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoinkDoink1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Hi guys. I live relatively close to Lafayette and, while I don't own any guns, I am curious and interested in finding something that suits me and an inexpensive (if not free) range to go to. I have never fired anything stronger than an air-rifle so I'm slightly concerned about what I have heard about recoil. I will continue to look through this site to try and find what I need, but any suggestions and/or links will be greatly appreciated.

TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    There is also the Iberia Parish Sheriff range that is free. Open on Saturdays 8 - noon.
    If you have never shot anything but an air gun I recommend that you take at least a basic pistol class to become familiar with pistols and get a little coaching along the way. There are several others here on this site, myself included, that could help you out with that.

KingHondaKonga

Sushi Fanatic
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Broussard, LA
    Welcome to Bayou Shooter!
    There are 2 shooting ranges I been to here, the one that TecheTitan mentioned and the Lafayette Parish Sheriff Shooting Range. Both are free to the public. http://www.lafayettesheriff.com/site372.php
    Also I think a 22 would be a good starter gun for you. Something small, little to no recoil, and fun to shoot.
    I have a little Phoenix .22 just for fun (Plus ammunition is VERY cheap)

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    Sherburn is a free range. What are you interested in shooting, Handguns or rifles? If you want to take a run up to Sherburn some time drop me a private message and we can go. I have an assortment of guns you can start with. .22 Cal Rifle, and pistol is a good place to start.
    Welcome to the site.

SilverGirl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Welcome!! Do you have any friends that own guns that you can try out? If you love it, then my bf's motto is "buy once, cry once." Buy one really nice gun and have fun!! :) :)

Top Bottom