help a brother out

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 13f3p

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    madisonville, la.
    i have a friend that is battling aml,which is a form of leukemia. he needs blood platelets.if you aren't busy, and feel like doing something to help a stranger,go to any blood center in la, and tell them you would like to donate to help james ott. thanks everyone.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    I didn't know you could donate to a specific person unless it was something very special where they needed a perfect match??

Am I wrong?

13f3p

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    madisonville, la.
    i don't know all of the specifics, but i do know my friend called and asked if i could donate blood.i don't have much money or anything else in this world,but i also don't have cancer.so.............i drove to the blood center tonight and got set up to donate.platelet donation is not blood type specific.i told the lady who i was and what i wanted to do.the blood center has a good movie selection to watch while you are donating.most of the female operators there were nice to look at as well.thank you all for any help and prayers

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    If you donate blood under someones name, they don't charge that person as much(or sometimes not at all) for the unit of blood they receive. It doesn't matter what blood type you are, they will still get credit for the donation.

Top Bottom