Help building an AR-15...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cjacobs

SouthernLife
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I am itching to get an AR in .223/5.56. I was talking with a group of guys and they all said if they could do it all over again, they would build one. So, with that being said I am looking for opinions on the best build under $600. Can anyone help me out with what to order. Thanks in advance!

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Not sure if anyone's been researching them. But radical firearms products are being sold from their website along with primary arm's website. They also teamed with Seekins precision to design a key mod type rail that can fit a suppressor inside. Their uppers run about 300 with a quad rail, and they are located in Texas

JDIZZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Central La
    Not sure if anyone's been researching them. But radical firearms products are being sold from their website along with primary arm's website. They also teamed with Seekins precision to design a key mod type rail that can fit a suppressor inside. Their uppers run about 300 with a quad rail, and they are located in Texas
    +1 for Radical Firearms!!! Check them out for sure!!!

4thMiss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Port Allen, La.
    Bolt carrier group and charging handle for $99.99 from PSA with the blemished upper! You can find lowers for $55 and lower parts kit for $50 for dpms. That's under 5 bills and all you need is a stock, tube and mag!

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I am itching to get an AR in .223/5.56. I was talking with a group of guys and they all said if they could do it all over again, they would build one. So, with that being said I am looking for opinions on the best build under $600. Can anyone help me out with what to order. Thanks in advance!

I vote buy a M&P 15, a box of ammo, and head out for steak and beer with the change.

I know. not much fun.

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hey man, there's an admin on another forum who poked around on the net to see how cheaply he could build an AR. He lists the prices and gives links. It came out to $425 before optics and shipping. If interested pm me for details. You may have to sign up for another forum though.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Hey man, there's an admin on another forum who poked around on the net to see how cheaply he could build an AR. He lists the prices and gives links. It came out to $425 before optics and shipping. If interested pm me for details. You may have to sign up for another forum though.

Thats great but the M&P is 500.00 and I just have to open the box. lol

Scylas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    OP: I'd also consider going with an AK in that price range if I were you. AR's don't start to get REALLY amazing until the 1100+ price range, which is right where AK's taper off and stop getting much better per dollar spent. Needless to say I'm a huge fan of AR companies like Daniel Defense, LaRue, Spikes, Noveske, etc. I tried to answer your original request earlier in this thread, but I can't in good conscience let this extra advice go unsaid. I REALLY don't want to turn this into an AR vs AK thread, because I love both, but this is something I've noticed and if I were in your shoes I'd want this piece of info told to me.

If you're interested in going this route, there was another similar thread recently discussing this price range of AKs: here

Last edited:

Tfurn30

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    While I do agree with Scylas I like madwabbit's idea. My first AR was an M&P, then I upgraded to my two Daniel Defense's. But I do have to say that the M&P was a damn good AR. I must have put 8k rounds through that thing and only had a hand full of hang ups(probably the cheap ass ammo's fault). Go get you one brotha, if you goto Jim's firearms I saw a few on the used rack so you might get a better deal than you anticipated. Good Luck!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom