Help! cannot change prefix

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ty_Wick

Premium Member
    Aug 14, 2023
    Baton Rouge
    I'm trying to change the status of long gun listing to SPF. I've looked through threads about changing it but the answers does not work for me. I will see three dots but the only option is to create a poll.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    You don’t have “edit thread” when you push on the drop down next to the three dots above and to the right over your ad?

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    That is odd…you should see this.
    IMG_1167.png

John_

Shooter
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    It happens pretty frequently, on older ads it seems. On your original ad posting, there is a flag to report the post. Click that and request a moderator change the ad prefix or "status". I just did the same yesterday. Click the flag and explain what you want to do, and a mod will execute it for you.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    It happens pretty frequently, on older ads it seems. On your original ad posting, there is a flag to report the post. Click that and request a moderator change the ad prefix or "status". I just did the same yesterday. Click the flag and explain what you want to do, and a mod will execute it for you.
    Excellent advice!

Ty_Wick

Premium Member
    Aug 14, 2023
    Baton Rouge
    It happens pretty frequently, on older ads it seems. On your original ad posting, there is a flag to report the post. Click that and request a moderator change the ad prefix. I just did the same yesterday. Click the flag and explain what you want to do, and a mod will execute it for you.
    thats weird because its not an old ad. I posted it yesterday morning. I will keep that in mind to flag it when i need to change the prefix. Thanks

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    It happens pretty frequently, on older ads it seems. On your original ad posting, there is a flag to report the post. Click that and request a moderator change the ad prefix. I just did the same yesterday. Click the flag and explain what you want to do, and a mod will execute it for you.
    It is not an old ad.
    My guess since the OP gave little to know info other than can't do it! First off the Admin, Mods and Bayoushooter member's were asked to help have no idea how or what was used to access to the Bayoushooter web site.
    So answers will be pot shots without knowing how you got here.

Most of the time the member has accessed Bayoushooter by use of a 3rd party. So they are limited to what the 3rd party has made available.

70mikenike70

Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    It is not an old ad.
    My guess since the OP gave little to know info other than can't do it! First off the Admin, Mods and member's they have asked have no idea how or what was used to access to the Bayoushooter web site. So answers will be post shots.

Most of the time the member has accessed Bayoushooter by use of a 3rd party. So they are limited to what the 3rd party has made available.
    I have the same problem with my ads. What is the proper way to access BayouShooter? I use the safari app on my iPhone. Is there somewhere else I should look or another app or website I should be on?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    I have the same problem with my ads. What is the proper way to access BayouShooter? I use the safari app on my iPhone. Is there somewhere else I should look or another app or website I should be on?
    Can you see if it's working now?

The main problem is Tapatalk which sometimes doesn't like to play nice with the forum.

If you are accessing via a standard internet browser, you should be good to go.

John_

Shooter
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    The main problem is Tapatalk which sometimes doesn't like to play nice with the forum.

If you are accessing via a standard internet browser, you should be good to go.
    I never use Tapatalk, I use my desktop pc and Chrome browser. Here is an example of one of my ads I cannot edit or change the status. I flagged yesterday and a mod made an edit for me. And its not the only one of my ads like this.

John_

Shooter
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    @AustinBR - Here is another, no ability for me to currently edit the original post, nor change the ad "status" ie FS, SPF, NLFS. Not that I want to right now, simply another example like above. Why is it like this for me?

In fact, the only post in that thread I can edit (or delete) right now is the last post, from yesterday.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    @AustinBR - Here is another, no ability for me to currently edit the original post, nor change the ad "status" ie FS, SPF, NLFS. Not that I want to right now, simply another example like above. Why is it like this for me?

In fact, the only post in that thread I can edit (or delete) right now is the last post, from yesterday.

That's as expected as the post is more than 100 days old.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    Its good to go now, Thanks.
    There was a problem with the forum permissions - I think it should be fixed for everyone now where anyone can edit a thread within 150,000 minutes (~100 days)

Top Bottom