Help Fighting redlight ticket

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    As you know this stuff irritates the bat crap out of me. It is ok for the State to skirt the law in order to make it easier to fleece it's people. However it is not ok to skirt the law by not coming to a complete stop before safely making a right turn on red. When the law does not work in both directions, that is tyranny.

I understand in the scope of things this is small. It does however demonstrate how complacent we have become. In fact if Kcinnick wanted to fight back there would be those that would tell him you broke the law. Stop wasting peoples time and just pay the fine. Never taking into consideration the very people fining him are also breaking "skirting" the law.

When is it big enough to stand up and fight back? When they come for our guns? They have been taking them slowly for years. Years ago we could walk into a hardware store and buy a Tommy Gun. You could order a silencer from the Sears catalog. Just like everything else they do it a little at a time so we say it is not big enough to fight for.

How is the state skirting the law. The law allows for it.:confused:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    How about, when the state makes laws designed to fleece the populace...

Might doesn't equal right, law doesn't equal right... hell, "law" doesn't even equal constituational.

And between the current executive branch stacking the benches and the speed and complexity with which the legislature is making "laws" - it isn't looking good for that old piece of parchment.

All true, but the law is not being skirted. It goes back to the beginning where we (not most of us) elected shitty people in office who created laws that were not in keeping with the desires of the people. Once the law is on the books, it is the law until changed.

Fact is, the law is not being skirted, but it does need to be changed if that is the desire of the people.

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    How is the state skirting the law. The law allows for it.:confused:

first, the "skirting the law" comment was quoted from Kcinnick of whom you said you agreed with.

Second,and another example of how complacent we have become. Is the fact that all traffic "law" are not laws at all but terms of a contract. The only reason the "state" has power over us is because we enter into contract by getting a drivers license. Unfortunately the state will not allow us to travel freely in the vehicles we own, on the roads we pay tax to maintain unless we enter into this contract. There has been several court cases that ruled this unconstitutional{see bottom}. In most cases one can not live or work in our current society without driving. We enter into these contracts under duress and this is a form of extortion.

In all other contracts the terms of such are presented at the time of signing. This is not the case with the driving license contract. If I were to contract with a builder to build a house for me. At the time the job was done I showed him plans for a two car garage attached to the house. Would he be contractually obligated to build it? No, even though I had those plans they were not produced at the time the contract was signed. By using the United States Uniform Commercial Code There is a way around this , however most courts will mistakenly not recognize the remedy. Yet another example of how far we have come.

CASE #1: "The use of the highway for the purpose of travel and transportation is not a mere privilege, but a common fundamental right of which the public and individuals cannot rightfully be deprived." Chicago Motor Coach v. Chicago, 169 NE 221.

CASE #2: "The right of the citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, either by carriage or by automobile, is not a mere privilege which a city may prohibit or permit at will, but a common law right which he has under the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Thompson v. Smith, 154 SE 579.

CASE #3: "The right to travel is a part of the liberty of which the citizen cannot be deprived without due process of law under the Fifth Amendment." Kent v. Dulles, 357 US 116, 125.

CASE #4: "The right to travel is a well-established common right that does not owe its existence to the federal government. It is recognized by the courts as a natural right." Schactman v. Dulles 96 App DC 287, 225 F2d 938, at 941.

Last edited:

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    So would that be to improve safety or line the cities pockets?

I have not found the civil code on rules on turning on a red yet, just the BS about 11:54 about electronic enforcement. I am sure it says you should come to a complete stop, but I want to read the whole thing.

It's true, you are supposed to come to a complete stop, behind the white line, then proceed with your turn. This was a specific bone of contention with the BR City Bus drivers that I shared the class room with when I went to the EBRPSO academy, which is why I remember it distinctly. But on the other hand I agree that *this* is not what the red light cameras should be used for, they SHOULD be used for those 5 or 6 people who you see continue to shoot through the intersection after the light has turned green on your side already.

Puddle Pirate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    A ticket has to be properly served, that’s why you have to sign something when you get a traffic ticket or any other violation. Redflex tickets come in the mail, if you do research you will find that that for every ticket they write, on average 60% goes to the government and the rest goes in the company's pocket. If you pay it you must mail it to Florida or wherever their processing station is. At any rate I don’t pay them, it's civil and until I am served properly I refuse to pay any more money to a broken system. If an officer sits in his car and pulls me that’s fine, he is fixing the problem by being there, however these camera's are just city cash cows.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    A ticket has to be properly served, that’s why you have to sign something when you get a traffic ticket or any other violation. Redflex tickets come in the mail, if you do research you will find that that for every ticket they write, on average 60% goes to the government and the rest goes in the company's pocket. If you pay it you must mail it to Florida or wherever their processing station is. At any rate I don’t pay them, it's civil and until I am served properly I refuse to pay any more money to a broken system. If an officer sits in his car and pulls me that’s fine, he is fixing the problem by being there, however these camera's are just city cash cows.

well, at least you accept responsibility for your actions sometimes, as long as a cop is the one catching you. I guess that is worth something..;)

bayoutrigger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Alexandria, La.
    What happened to the good old days? Traffic enforcement was performed by real policeman who actually knew everyones family and if appropriate, simply gave a warning. No chicken **** rackets to make money for the city coffers. At some point the populace is going to say enough is enough and it won't be pretty.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    What happened to the good old days? Traffic enforcement was performed by real policeman who actually knew everyones family and if appropriate, simply gave a warning. No chicken **** rackets to make money for the city coffers. At some point the populace is going to say enough is enough and it won't be pretty.

What happened to people following the law and abiding by the rules of society? What happened to people not being in such a hurry where they were not speeding and risking everyone's lives because wherever they thought they had to be was so important.

What happened to people having personal responsibility and saying, "i was wrong. i know it is wrong to run a red light, regardless of if I am caught by a cop, cat, camera, or canadian."

I remember being taught that integrity was doing the right thing even when no one is looking. That includes redlight cameras.

i know tickets suck, but this whole "revenue scheme" would go away if people just followed the law.

If i run a redlight and get a ticket, I will pay it and accept responsibility for my actions because I know it is wrong. I will not try to find a loop hole to weasal my way out of it.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What happened to people following the law and abiding by the rules of society? What happened to people not being in such a hurry where they were not speeding and risking everyone's lives because wherever they thought they had to be was so important.

What happened to people having personal responsibility and saying, "i was wrong. i know it is wrong to run a red light, regardless of if I am caught by a cop, cat, camera, or canadian."

I remember being taught that integrity was doing the right thing even when no one is looking. That includes redlight cameras.

i know tickets suck, but this whole "revenue scheme" would go away if people just followed the law.

If i run a redlight and get a ticket, I will pay it and accept responsibility for my actions because I know it is wrong. I will not try to find a loop hole to weasal my way out of it.

I drive on the fringe and even I have yet to be ticketed for running a light. :rofl:

(The powersliding ticket does not count :mamoru:)

DWT

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    In Jeff Parish the cost of the ticket is $104.00. If you want to contest it, there is an additional 100.00 court cost. The court already considers the case won sense they have photographic "proof" so contesting it just give them another $100.00. I know how pissed you are but your best bet is to pay them and be thankful they don't consider it a moving violation and notify your insurance company.
    I'm speaking from firsthand expenience.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    In Jeff Parish the cost of the ticket is $104.00. If you want to contest it, there is an additional 100.00 court cost. The court already considers the case won sense they have photographic "proof" so contesting it just give them another $100.00. I know how pissed you are but your best bet is to pay them and be thankful they don't consider it a moving violation and notify your insurance company.
    I'm speaking from firsthand expenience.

Trudth.

Ugly.....

But Trudth.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm actually surprised there haven't been any camera shootings. Considering the crowd that shoots stoplights isn't too likely to like cameras either.

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    No it doesn't.

The Supreme law of thee land (As afore mentioned) says you have the right to face your acuser...

They 'skirt the law' to try to avoid these little nicities and still hit you up... (for $)

Agreed. You ever try to question a camera in open court? Hey now you are getting into that whole Constitution thing and that is not very profitable. Remember now driving is a "privilege" not a right;)

Mwill75

Tinfoil Fitted
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    New Orleans Area
    yeaah...just don't pay it. Red light camera tickets are pretty hard to enforce. So if you felt like you got a raw deal I say don't pay it. They eventually dropped mine after sending a couple of scary warnings. They are civil and they have to put you through a civil court process to enforce it. They do threaten to boot your car i think though.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    yeaah...just don't pay it. Red light camera tickets are pretty hard to enforce. So if you felt like you got a raw deal I say don't pay it. They eventually dropped mine after sending a couple of scary warnings. They are civil and they have to put you through a civil court process to enforce it. They do threaten to boot your car i think though.

lol I know a plasma cutter that loves eating boots off of cars.

crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville
    Here's one. I got a photo speeding ticket in Baker. I wasn't speeding, and the van wasn't shooting laser or radar. My detector that has picked up EVERY one of these vans AND cameras, AND LEO's (sorry guys), AND ambulances, AND trains, AND construction sites FFS, etc, etc, didn't light up. Most importantly, I WASN'T SPEEDING. I was doing the speed limit and saw the flash when i passed. I pulled over and watched as it photo'd EVERY CAR THAT PASSED. One had just turned onto the road, and was barely moving when the camera flashed. So... do I pay it, or fight it, or just screw it?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PatRome
    Top Bottom