HELP!!! Guns Stolen!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I think he was just caught off guard with it and then came here to get help finding them. Instead within 5 posts ponchatoulajay started being an ******* about it. There is a way to tell someone something without being a complete ass about it. So now, he is a bit defensive.

I can understand that. But I also understand there's people that don't like criminals having easy access to firearms. We can wax poetic all day about how criminals shouldn't go in your house and steal your guns, but fact is it happens and there's certainly no reason to make it easy for them.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    If it came up outside of threads like this it'd be one thing. If people started a topic explaining the pros/cons of products, and reasons for having them, etc, that'd be a simple lesson.

Being the guy(s) that show up when someone's caught off guard and victimized and being "that guy" who just loves to rattle on about "told you so!" is just being a tactless douche. I know, I know, that's SOP for bayoushooter, what was I thinking.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    If it came up outside of threads like this it'd be one thing. If people started a topic explaining the pros/cons of products, and reasons for having them, etc, that'd be a simple lesson.

Being the guy(s) that show up when someone's caught off guard and victimized and being "that guy" who just loves to rattle on about "told you so!" is just being a tactless douche. I know, I know, that's SOP for bayoushooter, what was I thinking.

Discussing things when it's relevant makes much more of an impact than when it's theoretical. You are right though, if your thread starts with "My unsecured guns were stolen..." or "I got arrested for open carry..." you can probably expect to catch some ****.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

Being the guy(s) that show up when someone's caught off guard and victimized and being "that guy" who just loves to rattle on about "told you so!" is just being a tactless dush. I know, I know, that's SOP for bayoushooter, what was I thinking.

Fixed it for ya :D

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA

Some people are douches by doing other things, like ABO.

JR1572

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I hope everybody learned from this . I'm not talking about buying a safe , but about providing too much information so that others here can pick it apart and kick you when you are down .

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Someone broke into my house last night and stole some of my guns!! Been having construction crews coming in and out of my house to do remodeling and I'm almost certain it's one of them. Guns that were stolen were a smith & Wesson m&p 15 with a Burris ar-332 scope has magpul furniture duracoated fde, Remington model 700 sps varmint with bell&carlson stock an Nikon m-308 scope, Ruger 10-22 in archangel stock with BSA red dot sight stock is dura coated desert tan, tauras pt1911 with tan grips, tauras pt 709 slim, and a tauras judge blued with rubber grips and gold lettering I have the serial numbers for all the guns and pictures I you see one similar please contact me with numbers to identify. They also stole a shitload of ammo and magazines, and left all my shotguns and hunting rifles which were probably worth way more than what they stole. View attachment 41845View attachment 41846View attachment 41847View attachment 41848
    I don't have pics of the 709 slim or the judge but I do have the serial numbers, stolen between Cecilia and Arnaudville. Contact me at 337-278-9432, thanks in advance for any help

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

I hope everything works out, you get some of them back, and the case gets closed with an arrest.

JR1572

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    This is good advice, also hope your home owners insurance doesn't limit claims on guns.

Every homeowners policy in the State of Louisiana has a limited amount automatically covered for firearms unless you specifically have a Personal Articles endorsement or separate Personal Articles Floater that specifically lists all of your firearms.

If you are an NRA member and have activated your firearms coverage through them, you have an additional $2500 of coverage after your primary coverage pays (homeowners and/or personal articles floater).

I wish you good luck in recovering what was taken from you. They may be back to collect what they couldn't haul away on the first go round.

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I will not keep my comments to myself, this is a public forum. I hope you do get your guns back. BTW a good gun safe will protect your firearms and other important things from a house fire as well.

How about this... It wasn't your crap, it wasn't your problem, so why are you knocking his balls? If it wasn't guns, it's something else. Do you have your TV in a safe?

It's impossible to lock everything down.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I can understand that. But I also understand there's people that don't like criminals having easy access to firearms. We can wax poetic all day about how criminals shouldn't go in your house and steal your guns, but fact is it happens and there's certainly no reason to make it easy for them.

Yes but... Two or three firearms, very small collection, no kids in the home... I can see where someone wouldn't have a safe. Locking your home doors should be enough.

I see what you're saying, you're certainly more polite about it, but it smacks of a holier than thou attitude. Just a little. There shouldn't be anything in the world wrong with a rifle in the closet or on a deer rack if you don't have kids running around.

Just my two cents. :)

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    For the record,with the exception of our carry weapons, everything is locked down in two safes in our home. But I grew up with a hunter. Might not be the case here but I feel strongly that a hunter should be able to display his favorite rifle/shotgun under a mount.

Iow: wide open view. It's not the victims fault.

I'm done now. I'll hush. :)

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Yes but... Two or three firearms, very small collection, no kids in the home... I can see where someone wouldn't have a safe. Locking your home doors should be enough.

I see what you're saying, you're certainly more polite about it, but it smacks of a holier than thou attitude. Just a little. There shouldn't be anything in the world wrong with a rifle in the closet or on a deer rack if you don't have kids running around.

I'm surely not one of the guys who loses sleep over it. Mainly just trying to explain why it's not unexpected to get that kind of reaction from guys who feel strongly about it. I do feel a great sense of responsibility with my weapons though. With just a couple of my firearms and small portion of my ammo a bad person could do terrible things. I don't want that on my conscience, so I do what I can to reasonably ensure it won't happen. If my personal logic spills out at times that are less than tactful, oh well. I'll ask spanky if we have enough in the HR budget for some sensitivity training.

Either way my main concerns are the OP getting his stuff back, the bad guys going to jail, and learning what we can from the situation to possibly prevent it from happening to someone else.

PonchatoulaJay

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    ponchatoula,LA
    How about this... It wasn't your crap, it wasn't your problem, so why are you knocking his balls? If it wasn't guns, it's something else. Do you have your TV in a safe?

It's impossible to lock everything down.

Really? No I can just go to Wal-Mart and buy a new $100 TV, and not worry about what the scumbags are doing with my firearms. Your logic sucks! We are talking about firearms, I understand can you cant lock everything down but I am going to try my hardest not to make it easy.

PonchatoulaJay

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    ponchatoula,LA

I dont care if its one firearm you have, fine if you want display you hunting rifle when you are home and you have no kids, Point is lock your s**t up in a proper gun safe when you are NOT HOME! Again your logic sucks, yeah locking your doors should be enough but you have two safes?:rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom