*HELP* Lots of info needed for paper

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel88

Lost Soul
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Lafayette
    Hey guys I'm a criminal justice major and I'm writing a 10 page paper for one of my classes. I was in the middle of the semester and I got called up to go to afghanistan. My teacher agreed to give me credit for the class if I wrote a 10 page paper on the topic of my choice. I chose louisiana gun laws, which is a pretty broad subject. My problem now is that I'm running out of ideas of things to put in my paper, and since government computers restrict a lot of websites its really hard for me to find information. What I'm hoping to get from you guys is some links to some cases involving anything gun related in louisiana and any other good ideas for things to write about. All info is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Taylor

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Ideas:

Louisiana CHP Law- Look at the actual statute, and the rules that have been promulgated thereunder. I could probably write 10 pages just on that. Think about an analysis of the law, and the inconsistencies between the enabling legislation and some of the end results.

"Your car is an extension of your home" --origins and analysis of this statement.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    you could also try to contact Dan with the lsa and do a mini "interview" with him and his take on the aproach that the LSA is taking to change current laws and the process that they went through to make the changes on August of last year, that would be an easy 10 pages right there.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    How about the cases of where CC permit holder used their weapon to protect life..

If you need specifics, I can research just give me a name or dates or something more focused..

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    http://www.laopencarry.org/legal-center-f14.html is the Legal discussion area of LOCAL -the Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League. There are plenty of links to case law in various threads. You may have to register first to get to the Library, but you'll find references to cases there. The site itself is devoted to Open Carry, but many of the cases discussed apply to gun laws in general.

A few cases off the top of my head: State v. Fluker, State v. Farrand (I may have misspelled this one), State v. Chandler.

Good luck.

SpencerSS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Brusly, La
    You could write a lot about the battles that resulted from the gun confiscation mandated in NO after hurricane Katrina. In NRA-ILA has some info on this, because they filed lawsuits in response.

Top Bottom